2017 Pa Deer & bear updates.

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Oppie, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I've yet to tag any turkey, deer or bear but thing's are looking up, the 2nd week of deer season is usually better for me with fewer hunters being in the woods plus the bucks are working their scrapes in several spots. We've been seeing some decent bucks and a few have been tagged but the bigger one are still out there.
    Sorry for the crappy pictures, I was kinda busy. Buddy got a ten point yesterday with a handgun, dressed out @ 130 lbs. Couple of others got freezer fillers.

P1030088 (2).JPG P1030089 (2).JPG P1030090 (2).JPG

Pa Black bear harvest was down by 783 bears, rain on opening day Nov. 18 as the primary reason for the decline, whatever! My area claimed 20 bears, seems low.

Here's a local smasher taken with a bow, 20 antler points and was green scored 188 inches
    http://www.stargazette.com/story/sp...ord-county-man-arrows-monster-buck/913185001/

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Congrats! Looks like you guys know what you are doing.

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sometimes we get lucky :). My buddy walked up on the ten point in the raspberry biers where a rabbit wouldn't go @ 15 yds, 40 yds or so from me :eek:.

This was sent to me this morning
    "When a man gives you his heart. Or....a heart"
    Heart.jpg

4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Tomorrow we have a husband and his 13 week pregnant wife, another dad is supposed to bring his two yr old son and the two clowns in the picture above.

jacol84 likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Need my darn "Love It" button!

Oppie likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

You guys are wack,stacking some deer ! nice buck !

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thank's Frank but, He was bragging on me before we even got it loaded how that's his 2nd deer with a pistol to my big fat 0 :rolleyes:.

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Talk like that,s when my rifle accidentally goes off giving them the old dirt shower :eek: :p

Oppie likes this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Tomorrow might be a crossbow day for me :p, winter is coming Tues. & Wed. with snow predicted, besides my old rifle is getting heavy.

jacol84 likes this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Heading out in the morning for another combo fish,hunt an really enjoy them . thank God all the weekend hunters,fisherman won,t be out like they were this weekend. I like having the old river all to myself . may take my old thudy thudy but afraid if I do I may shoot something with it that I really don,t want as I,m a trophy hunter now :rolleyes: or should I say lazy hunter :p

jacol84 likes this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Well I'm taking the 30-30 out for a walk today, with any luck she'll behave today and not kill anything!

jacol84 likes this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My luck hasn,t been very good ,yesterday I had to jocky some vehicles around an pushed my boat out of the garage but needed to pull the truck up some . I let go of the boat an It set there an didn,t move so I get in the truck an look back as it rolled into my porch steps an tore a chunk out of them :eek: today I pushed the boat out of the garage without rasing my kicker motor an bent the pitch fork rig up an had to remove it before going out:mad:

Seen no ducks in 2 days,an no deer or caught any fish today . got home an decided to water a big bush in our yard with all the coffee I drank this morning . I had to go bad an with wearing all my clothes ,insulated bibs I had a hard time getting clear,what a relief till I seen no water coming out an felt something running down my leg into my boot :eek: :p

13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good times! We had a tough day today but I did get a few pictures I'll get put on in a little bit.

14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Here's a few pictures from today, it was a beautiful day but the deer stayed hid pretty well. Five of us today, one little doe dressed @ 55 lbs.

This picture is a Ag Bag filled with silage, the holes are from deer walking on them, holes let air in spoil the silage, that's made Farmer Chad snap and load up on Dmap doe tags. Bad enough they eat crops but then ruin food for the milk cows.

P1030097.jpg

Had a new guy today, he was a pleasure to hunt with and hung with his dad all day.

_copie-0_P1030103.jpg

His aunts doe.

P1030098.jpg

This lady is 13 weeks pregnant.
    P1030099.jpg

Another stolen heart.

P1030101.jpg

xcaliber, jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

First time I ever heard about deer on the bags. I know there big here on the bags but still use silos ,trenches also.looks like your the go to man to hunt with in that area with that Polaris ,knowledge of the area . probley know where the deer are going to go on a drive before they do:p looks like all are having a great time an enjoying there hunts. well done ,putting smiles on lots of faces!

jacol84 likes this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Very Nice Bruce!

Oppie likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks, but sometimes a plan comes together :D. I want everyone to enjoy their day in the woods whether they tag anything or not. These guys save vacation days and plan all year for deer season so I just try to help them out, or they pile the guilt on me :p.
    Wind is howling today, it's not safe to be in the woods here today with all the dead ash trees dropping branches an falling, saw four doe from the house and wished them safe travels
    :).

18. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Good luck to Oppie's guide service and his clients today! I'm going to the nasty-thick public land place in 5c and still hunt through the mess today. It's a good walk from the car. If I luck into one, I will be a tired old geezer before the day is over.;)

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

And the best of luck to you Jeff, take it easy an enjoy the day. To the best of my knowledge there is only one other guy going out today. Somebody else will probably show up though.
    My wife saw a big buck with 3 doe feeding in my neighbors lawn last night :D.

20. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Rain last evening an the wind was howling early this morning . still blowing but not like it was,suppose to be around 10-15 mph today an slow down abit this evening ,but I only get mornings to hunt as the wife leaves for work around 1.30 :confused: no fun sitting in ,crossing the river in the wind,waves in a open tin boat in 38 degree water :confused: good luck ,waiting to see more deer pictures.

xcaliber, Oppie and jacol84 like this.