2018 Ten Point Models

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by 8ptbuk, Jan 19, 2018.

1. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Check them out, Very interesting ! Seems all Manufacturers are stepping up their game.

Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  2. Stalker

Stalker Member

Yeah prices too!

3. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Your right !

4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yeah, Ten Point really took a big swing this year. The Nitro x is way up there in price, though it looks great. The Shadow isn't too bad $ for what it is. They have a "pro shop only" Titan RCX which looks really good for $750. Probably the 2 biggest reasons I probably wouldn't buy a Ten Point are they can't be decocked, and you need a press to work on them.

5. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

The new Wicked Ridge series appear to be a great value.

jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  6. Stalker

Stalker Member

I'm going to guess and say a 5"piece of arrow shaft with a nock to activate the adf carried in the pocket.Will let you decock the 10 points like a Excal. Thats the way my Barnett is but I like to shoot it! As for a press.The Nitehawk portable crossbow press would work except for some of theses super narrow bows I'm not sure.

The thing that has kept me away from Ten points is the price and 5 year warranty on the limbs.

jacol84 likes this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yeah, I thought about that too. Had an idea of one with a tether on it so it couldn't possibly hit your foot if something went wrong. Then again, how do you get it in place without putting your hand in the string's path? I know I worry too much about this stuff as I'm getting older. Seeing Pigfoot's hand after his Ravin accident certainly has me thinking safety more than ever.

8. Stalker

Stalker Member

No doubt.Seeing those pics made me more cautious about putting fingers in the triangle. Just another reason to shoot it! I've had my Sniper well over a year and have never decocked it.Only on the Excal to change strings.

If out and about hunting I have a diy discharge box. Basically a big shoe box with a old rubber backed bath/kitchen mat wrapped around a baseball glove with some clothes as well. Works great. I love the sound it makes when a blunt end field point hits it.SMACK!!!:D

jacol84 likes this.
  9. TX_RDXguy

TX_RDXguy Member

I have a small discharge target but have found or made soft spots in the ground at the places I hunt for discharge. I carry a spare arrow in my truck with a rubber snubber on it and don't think twice about de-cocking. I'm sure if I hunted frozen tundra from Nov. through Jan. POV may be a little different.

10. TX_RDXguy

TX_RDXguy Member

TenPoint is in the area this weekend for a Dealer meeting so I'm going to drive over to take a look at the Nitro X. It's expensive as are all ofthese top shelf, small form factor speed merchants are. It's got my attention though.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018