A few of my back yard deer.

Discussion in 'Homebrew Trailcams' started by Oppie, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

This group of deer has been hanging out right behind the house all winter so I decided to put one of my old Sony P41 homebrew cams out for them. I took them a small salt mineral block an a video cam today. DSC00139.jpg DSC00147 (1).jpg DSC00164 (1).jpg DSC00180.jpg DSC00181.jpg DSC00183 (2).jpg

2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Cool. Wish I had backyard deer. Mostly, I have the animals Frank loves, stealing food from my bird feeders.:rolleyes:

bbahunter, xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

They were in the lawn last week getting a drink from my spring pond, it's small enough and so much water flowing it has stayed open most of the winter.

bbahunter, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  4. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Nice pics Bruce, i only have back yard yotes :eek:
    Which cam was this?

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice! I havn,t seen a deer from my home in the last 2-3 years.use to see them all the time,the PGC keeps rasing the doe permit limit for Lancaster county, don,t help around here.

Oppie likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I think I saw a few yote tracks yesterday when I checked this cam, the track were melted some but they looked the right size an shape.
    The cam is a sony P41 controlled with a All in One control board that also runs a 3 volt slave flash. And lots of battery's. I'll get a couple of pics of it tomorrow. The video cam is a dxg & eagle eye control board with some of Jim's ir leds. Don't know if I like that one yet it seems to eat battery's.

bbahunter likes this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sometimes they're like fleas on a dogs back around here :p, I did see a lot of doe in rifle season and picked out the ones I wanted :).

bbahunter, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Here you go Brian. This one is a tank, around 4 yrs old now.

P41 pond.jpg

P41pond1.jpg

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  9. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Nice one Bruce. What did you end up doing with that fp8 build I sent you?

Oppie likes this.
  10. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Here is a p41/sss with slave I have to get out in the woods
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I was just looking at that and was trying to remember who sent that to me :rolleyes:. It's still inside waiting for me to get them back out. I quit them for almost a year but have been puttering with them again. Now that it's warming up some it's time to get them out for fawn pics.

jacol84 likes this.
  12. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

If I remember correctly, I think the slave flash was and issue with the fp8 build. I did't have time to play around with it at the time.
    I don't run as many cameras as I used too. :eek::D

Oppie likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I don't run as many either but still have most of the parts an supply's I'll ever need. I quit hangin them in below freezing weather to cut down on batteries dying to quick.

14. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Yep, I hear you on that. I used to run a lot of them 365/24/7. But keep most of the homebrews in the house during winter. Use the Chinese crap cameras for high theft areas and crappy weather :eek::D
    Funny thing is : the bushnell cam I just had stolen, the thief walked right past my small dxg build, he never saw it.

Oppie likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks Brian, I was looking at that camera a couple of weeks ago and couldn't remember who sent to me or what was wrong. I have a couple of Bigfoot slave boards and spare flashes so maybe I can bring it back to life. I really like the pictures the Panny cameras take. I had one on a Humming bird feeder for a week or so an got some great pictures.
    Now if I can just figure out who sent me that Boo string for my excal :rolleyes:.....

bbahunter likes this.
  16. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I think that cam had a vivitar 2600 slave, and it was giving me issues? I just had way too much going on and didn't want to bother. :rolleyes::D

Oppie likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Here's my dxg 567, 12v sla, has a amplified mic out the bottom, Jim's IR leds.
    Think this is the third camera in this case, hence the big lens hole an glue patches.

DXG1.jpg

DXG.jpg

bbahunter likes this.
  18. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Bruce, here are a couple I built.
    The first one, the potential thief walked right by.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Bruce, nice build. I think Gary at snap shot sniper is the only one left selling parts? Homebrews are kind of a dying breed since most of the Chinese cams finally are better quality now.:rolleyes:
    I had built a lot of homebrews, don't have a much time for it now, not to mention I have too many cams.:eek:

Oppie likes this.
  20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I think Ralph Davis is still selling his Safari & back packer add on controllers, I believe he's been doing some with the go-pro an newer sony's but I have enough cameras & boards an parts I've stayed off the forums.
    Yea the chinese finally caught up with us on pricing an quality pictures so it's a dying hobby now.

Ralph's site: http://rcdavisgamecamerasolutions.w...-controllers-and-backpackers-information.html