A real fish killer

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

This is the real deal,I shouldn't give away my fish catching secrets (well not all):rolleyes::p this is a killer lure for anything that eats minnows,shad.it,s kind of like the fly fishing clouser minnow that,s real popular among the susky fly fisherman.it,s my spinning reel version ,an much heavier than the clouser but not too heavy.my heaviest is 1/4 oz.,too heavy means less fish,more snags for me.my lures have action in the water,not just a gob of floating hair :D

I throw it cross current or up a bit an let it drift down the current at current speed tapping the bottom as it goes. when you lower the rod tip this lure acts more like a bait fish on the fall ,than the head first of a jig head,Buck tail. it,s made on a center weighted hook that you can,t see the weight ,mustad needle point swimbait hook. pointy front that,s good for cutting thru the current. I like eyes on mine but have none now

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019 at 9:34 PM
    Stalker, Oppie, Jack Pine and 3 others like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Your secret's safe with us ;). I've a been fan of the rapala floating minnows for a while now for shallow waters an stump filled ponds. Jigs an twister tails for deeper waters where I know I'll lose a couple every time I'm fishing.

The ice is going off my pond quick today, time to see if my fish survived the winter or are floating coon food now.

xcaliber likes this.
  3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Looks good Frank. I have some 3/0 1/8 oz bookmarked unless they have some at Cabelas. It will be a fun lure to try. No one has to worry about me catching too many fish, no matter the lure.;)

4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Looks like he’s doing good too!

jacol84 likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Nice, very nice :). I can barely see that little blade dangling there, almost looks like mothers missing spoon got repurposed :p.

6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Very nice Frank. That said, it’s too late. The entire internet saw the one on the far right.:)

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

You guys see nothing :p it,s a tuff day everyday as I have to do something :confused: I think I need tinkers anonymous o_O all I do is think of things to make or do the next day when I go to bed. I,ve even come up with Ideals in my dreams o_O:p

jacol84, Munch007 and Oppie like this.
  8. kip

kip New Member

beautiful flies! I love tying hair flies and jigs. very good job.

jacol84 likes this.
  9. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Ooooh no no no!
    Never stifle the creativity ...
    That kinda shit'll kill ya ;)

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I made a crawfish one with more brown in it ,took it down too the river an tested it. the hair moves up,down like waves on the water as it settles to the bottom nice an level.i,ve watched many crawfish swim backward , this looks like one when they drop to the bottom .i like when lures work more realistic like what your trying to imitate . lookout you crawdad eating fish :D

Munch007, jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

These 5 inch bass assassins are a hot bait at the head of the Chesapeake bay on the flats in the spring.i make my own I call the scatter assassin that has action like a rapala scatter rap crankbait ( my favorite walleye crankbait). It has that same darting action going from side to side using this 5 inch assassin rigged on my blade .
    image.png

Stalker, Munch007 and jacol84 like this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Going fishing today as the forcast for wind is light,variable . that,s my main concern on the old susky that,s a mile wide where I launch,cross too get to the warm water.sons on his way:D I see fish picture coming :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Oppie, jacol84 and Munch007 like this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Still waiting :p....

xcaliber likes this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks! Nice fish, kinda jealous ;).

Stalker, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

All I caught was 4 flatheads ,had one bass that jumped an got off. he caught all the other fish :confused: we had fun thow ,but got tired of hearing him using the famous saying from a movie(who,s the best cop now) we always say when we get fish an the other don,t :p

Stalker, jacol84, xcaliber and 2 others like this.
  16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

17. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Very nice indeed!