A real fish killer

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

River temps coming up an 52 degrees in the river going across this morning ,warm water discharge we were fishing was 72 degrees. when river water temp warms up more I will head up river for some great smallie fishing.i don,t do good when the waters cold,long dangerous ride up river in the cold water .

2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yea it's cold up here, was air temp was 31 and the water was in the 40's, buddy forgot to put the plug in his boat, plug kept popping back out, we looked like two of the three stooges :p:p trying to bail the water out :eek:.
    Good times!
    He wanted to try fishing the water near the outlet of the new natural gas power plant nearby, except it's one of the new generation air cooled plants and only uses water for emergency cooling :p ;).

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We have our moments also as the son walked by the rear of my boat this morning ,not paying attention to my motor tilted up with the pitchfork . walks into it an rips his jeans open an a nice gash in his leg. I said dam boy what's wrong with you :eek: he says he gets it from me ,an says like you never done that before:rolleyes: :p

Oppie likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Like always I found away to make them better as I cut each spoon in have . made these an tested,a a look on the fall like I never seen. looks more like real baitfish as it falls level,backward like a crawdad.I also color some by heating an dipping in oil to get some gold,blue by how much I heat.
    image.png

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    jacol84, Munch007 and Oppie like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Have you tried any Luminous Paints on them yet? We used some flasher spoons painted with a green yellowish paint on lake Ontario last summer, just leave em in the sun light for a few minutes or a flashlight and they'll glow for a quite a while.

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

No but use some glow powder coat. paint just chips where I use them in the rocks. give me any kind of paint an I will make a good mess with it :confused::p I just put the color tail I want on anymore an leave lures alone other than heat on metal ones.

7. robertyb

robertyb Member

They must really love that Gulp.

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

They do,son uses it all the time.i was useing salt water gulp swimming mullet soaked with yum shad spray. spray some on rubber on a jig or crankbait an get ready for a catfish :p

9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's the thing here, if your not hitting rocks your not catching fish usually. We were trying to fish some back water yesterday but even the back waters were fast.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Water was fast at the warm water discharge also as it always is when the rivers low.they been keeping the river low for whatever reason like always. hard to even launch your boat as they keep drawing it down.they pull lots of water out for many things .

Nuke Power plant
    Gas fired plant
    Chester water works
    Muddy run power plant to fill a huge lake an generate power as they run it back thru at peak hours
    coniwingo dam
    that,s a lot of water being removed from this river on this part between the 2 dams . It,s a shame what they did to this free flowing river that,s the head of the Chesapeake bay.

Oppie likes this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That is a shame. No dams this far north, just lots of gravel bars to contend with.

12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I call these my deer track spoons,I never made anything that worked like these . I,m a artist:rolleyes: the pros wish they had spoons that looked this good an worked like these:oops::rolleyes::p
    EC68B771-262D-4B0D-B808-4CCD89FAEB19.png

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 12:12 PM
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I bet they really flash and dance about!

14. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Whoa! Those are sweet ;)