Another first for me in the Pa deer season!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Oppie, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Snake.jpg

Found this guy this morning and he wasn't happy :D! One of my neighbors heard a hiss an looked down and there it was, had it's head up in a strike pose no less o_O , I was watching him and wonder what was so fascinating so I had to check it out to. We poked it and took some pictures but none of the three of us had a snake tag so we left it to find a warm spot for the winter. Today temps was only in the high 30's :p with a breeze.

One guy did get a small doe before that episode.

Brady deer.jpg
    The home owner had to work today so we took a picture of it in front of his garage and sent it to him just because we're nice guys :D:D:D.

Stalker, xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

All in a days hunting,harass a copper back,rub it in on another feller,get a deer ,fun,fun,fun :p

3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

You bet ya!!
    When we were done around 3:30 standing around the truck talking we watched 3 doe come come out from behind the neighbors barn 200 yds away an trot out in the middle of the pasture and stopped! Then they trotted on down into the brush lot, then 6 more came out from behind the barn and did the same thing :rolleyes:.
    I only saw one deer tail in the woods all day :eek:. Then I told em it was coffee time and away we went for home :). Still don't know why or where they came from for sure.
    Good times!

xcaliber likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I did manage to tag a doe with my handgun, ruger security six .357 with open sights :D. I was hiding where no deer was supposed to come be and this one tried to run over me, what was I to do :p.

Doe.jpg

A few random pictures from this season for my home bound friends.

Brothers.

doe1.jpg

Father of the brothers & son.

doe3.jpg

Rummerfield Pa. in the middle of no where.

doe4.jpg doe7.jpg
    First year hunter, 13 yrs old.

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Congrats!:)

6. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Great pictures ! Thanks for sharing.

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Cool ,great shooting with the handgun . that,s a good looking bunch of hunters .what beautiful country to hunt in you have there.

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks guys. I only took a doe because my daughter wanted some venison. First deer I've taken in rifle season in quite a few years.
    I mostly enjoy going with the young hunters and helping them out. One guy signed his son out of kindergarten to spend the afternoon with us. He carried a plastic rifle cap gun type with his dad chattering away all the time :).

I also know where a nice buck is hiding out during the daytime and I still have a late season archery buck tag :):):).

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.