Another handgun

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My son came down an brings in a pistol box with a new beretta 92 9mm an we check it out an he loves the beretta 92s an has a glock 40,9mm,an a 10 mm,sig 45 ,sig 9mm . he says that sig 9mm out in my dash is heavy to carry an I like this 92 much better so would you like it :oops:He knew I had a thing for it when he first bought it as I was drooling holding it. he said you can have it if you want it an I said no I don,t want to take your gun . well he goes outside an brings it in an lays it on the table an says here it,s yours :eek: a SIG p 226 stainless elite 9mm . darn kid :)
    C451DCDD-89BC-4CE7-9326-7FA4531424D6_zps9mmixjmz.jpg

ehntr and Delta-Stan like this.
  2. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi......

THAT IS A BEAUTY !!

On duty I carried the P 225 for decades and it is the best pistol I ever had. I fired thousands of shots with it and there was no malfunction ever. In the German police it was called "Sig Sauer P 6".

The Sig Sauer is much better than the WALTHER P 99/ DAO that we have now.

If you shoot it a lot, make sure to clean the space behind the "extraction claw" which pulls back the empty cartridge.

I want my Sig Sauer back !

be safe

Stan

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  3. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Great gun, greater son!

Delta-Stan likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sweet pistol!
    I'm thinkin I might adopt your son, I could use a New something that goes Bang! Great son you have there!

Delta-Stan likes this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,ll do that Stan thanks! can,t wait to shoot it at 20 yds. an that,s about as far as I can hit anything with these autos :p only thing is my crossbows put them to shame for accuracy an then off hand my Elite energy 35 is king :p

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    bunyip slayer likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Publisher C/P Staff

Nice piece how many does it hold in the tube?
    I have been shopping for something to carry can't make up my mind the problem we have is it can only hold ten with the new law we have i think it sucks i want a tube with 17 sticks in it.

Oppie likes this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

15 I,m told as I never shot it or had any shells but sons giving me a set of dies,bullets today . hot here an cold weather tinkering for reloading . gone fishing later :p

8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Well yea, 17 is much better than 10 :cool:

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My son took my AR15 home yesterday an brought it back today with a set of flip up metals sights an a EOTech :eek: what a kid!
    BC584586-CDA0-4ED1-BF7A-EAD99B784F94_zpsujwtkngm.jpg

Delta-Stan likes this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

:):):) nice!

11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Frank, you have some great kids, nice job to you, and your wife, raised them to be self sufficient, trust worthy, and generous. I hope I didn't leave anything out!:cool:

Delta-Stan likes this.
  12. Andy

Andy Publisher C/P Staff

Frank you raised him right my hat goes off to you and your wife enjoy the rewards you earned them..

Delta-Stan likes this.
  13. bunyip slayer

bunyip slayer Active Member

Nice pistol.do you use hollow point?i think they are best for self defence.

14. bunyip slayer

Spins me out you blokes over there own guns like that! you basicly have to be in the Army over here to have a gun like that....i dont need a gun like that.is it .223? i like .303 and .22...probably because thats about the only guns ive got acsess to !!

Oppie likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I don't need a lot of guns but sure do enjoy the ones I have! They are a "Blast" :D
    My wife just got her Taurus 9mm back from the warranty repair center yesterday so we put a box through it in the back yard just to see if they fixed it, still needs more trigger time :p.

bunyip slayer likes this.
  16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I shoot hornady xtp hollow points in all my handguns with great accuracy. hand guns my last resort for self defence. I will grab for the shotgun first then myAR 223 . got a 303 British in my safe my son built for me an parkerized . 303 was my first deer rifle my dad bought me an I cut the stock down to sporterize but killed my first few deer with his rem 722 -270 .
    97A42930-60FD-4743-9A85-BFF10579FC6D-272-0000003E7C5D16A9_zps9c04d0f1.jpg

Delta-Stan and bunyip slayer like this.
  17. bunyip slayer

I think ol .303 is the excalibur of bolt actions!and your not wrong about a shotgun....it is THE best gun for close range selfdefence from what i can see.not to promot it,but the shot gun shells can be fired from a simple home made pipe gun as everyone knows.you have to jump through hops to get a gun in oz,tafe course,gun club member,farmer,thats about it!

18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yes sir, agree with your choices, Lord help em if they get by my shotgun, it ain't gonna be pretty!
    Those 303's are great ole rifles, they just keep chugging along. My wife's Grandmother kept a 30-40 Kraig in the corner, another ole time deer killing beast.