Another Red Neck string catcher an other projects.

Discussion in 'Doing It Yourself - Crossbow Maintenance' started by Oppie, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Been busier than a one-armed paperhanger lately with the weather changing an what not so here's a few projects I've been tinkering on just to keep what's left of my sanity :p.

Last version of the Redneck Pine's string catcher. Picked up a heavier hinge an cut a piece out of it, stripped the plating off with a little acid :rolleyes:, then blued it, put a small bend on the bottom edge where it hits the rail.
    Then I tapped the holes thru the scope mount for 10-32 threads, using a 10-32 (3/16) x 1 1/4 SS set screw for the pivot axle, used a dab of JB weld epoxy for thread locker on both sides ;), 1/4 blue poly airline tubing washers :p. Still need to test it out, more later!

1-P1020880-001.JPG

1-P1020882.JPG

Added a thin layer of JB weld to the rail cutout to raise the riser up just a touch on the rail, the top of the string is even with the rail before tighting the bolts down. I just did that yesterday and still need to clean the edges and make it square an pretty.

1-P1020884.JPG

A couple heavy arrows for the Mag bows to play with.

1-P1020760.JPG

I think this one is up to 760 gr now.

1-P1020764.JPG

A few new zombie slayer arrows with Blazer X2 low profile vanes, 110 brass inserts, aluminum nocks with 125 gr heads weigh in at 450gr. These are the shafts I got from the stringman, Thanks man!

1-P1020887.JPG

And a pretty lady with her deer just cause you took the time to look at all this!

1-P1020640.JPG

Stalker, Mathew57, Joe and 3 others like this.
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, busy indeed. Love the last picture!;)

Oppie likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

All looks good!you been having quite a time I see ,no fun doing yard,garden work I been doing:confused: just checked the river an looks good ,I,m gone walleye fishing this evening.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Shes a neighbor lady that learned when you hunt with me, you don't drag em, we go to the deer an load em up! Screw that dragging over hill and valley.

I'm going to a buddies pond after some lg mouth bass an crappies for my pond before they spawn. I was there Tuesday evening but forgot my bucket to carry em home, I caught dozen or so before the cold wind chased me away. I had a couple crappies that went two pounds or more, on my ultra light with 2lb test an a Rapala minnow :D, Love it!

5. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Love those tankkiller arrows!

Joe, xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I slugged them with old beaman ics arrows.

xcaliber likes this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm thinking about adding a indexing pin for the riser in the rail before I put her back together, maybe :rolleyes:

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Let's see some testing! My luck it would rip my scope mount off,pile drive my scope into the rail ,break string ,limbs :eek::p

Oppie and Joe like this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Naaa, just makes a small Snap! Like a .22mag on steroids :p.
    Made Mrs Judy jump like she seen a snake! I prob should have warned her first but what fun is that :p.
    This one worked much better :D it bent the catcher part a little but not bad at all, trimmed the length about 1/8" now it slides up in front of the trigger box better.

I believe it will save limbs in the event I happen to forget to load it, and these limbs haven't been dry fired :)! Yes it's true :p and I'd like to keep it that way :)

Stalker, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

When that doe went by me she had three bucks following her and they were flying! But she yelled Stop, the big doe stopped, Dead eye Amanda tagged her!
    She dressed her deer, I helped her skin it later. This fall will be her sons first year hunting @ 12 yrs old.

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Be lots easier if they could just make smart pills we could take :rolleyes::p

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  12. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Not sure I could afford them if someone came out with pills like that. They'd probably be more expensive then Epi-pens.;)

Oppie likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'd probably forget to take my smart pills :(.....:rolleyes:

14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I don't need smart pills, I have Mrs Judy :p :confused:

15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Just kidding, I'd be like a lost puppy without her ;)

16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

17. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Just recognizing that fact shows you really are smart!! At least that's what Mrs. Pine tells me.:D

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Been in training almost 39 yrs now :D, shes says I'm starting to catch on too ;).

19. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

JB will do the job, on my old test riser I made the limb pockets alittle wide so I can adjust anything I want. I can raise the string up off the rail if I want,I always use RV permatex on the limb gaskets when getting the limbs where I want when assembling them,never had them move or come loose an get out of wack this way when tight,I can shoot bare shafts great this way so no harm . I always raise the limbs a hair an not the riser . right way,wrong way ,my way but works for me :p

20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

This is no wrong way when you've gone this far, what's a few more swipes with the disk grinder :eek:.

xcaliber likes this.