Another Red Neck string catcher an other projects.

Discussion in 'Doing It Yourself - Crossbow Maintenance' started by Oppie, Apr 14, 2017.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Damn Love It Button ain't working again!:D

Oppie likes this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Been there done that,many times :p that should do it i would think

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Just might get a chance to shoot tomorrow, if it stops raining I can get the speed-o-meter out an see how it's doing :D with my new arrows :)

4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Who in their right mind :rolleyes: takes a perfectly fine excalibur crossbow and tortures them like we do :p.

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We just make a fine crossbow a great crossbow :D:p

Oppie likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

But my warranty sticker fell off :(

7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Here's a "testing update" on this project, she shoots! Had it out last week and was pretty happy. I put the Leupold shotgun 1 - 4 x20mm back on it and 400 gr 2219's for gobblers an set it dead on @ 30 yds for now.

Here she is with 400 gr arrows, I got a 2.5 fps spread with three arrows before the sun went away and the rains came again.
    XBow.jpg Xbow1.jpg Xbow2.jpg Xbow3.jpg

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Hard to believe no more spread than that,with something with a string on it. looks like a real hunting thumper .

Oppie likes this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm hoping to get back out for some more shooting this week if the rain will stop for a few minutes. I think I can tweak it and hit that magical 350 fps with a 400gr arrow :D.

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

All the shooting ,reloading an everything I,ve shot, I never owned a chrony. i can think all my stuff shoots fast as I want :p

Oppie likes this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I only picked this one up after I started playing with these Franken bows :p. I'm amazed what these bows will do sometimes. Those 2219's are hitting like a mack truck and seem to fly decent with the little blazer vanes, aluminium inserts an plastic nocks @ 18 inches, they're left overs from my vertical bow days. I figure if I lose one it's no big deal.
    I'm thinking if I just removed the mini "cat whiskers" from the string she'd do 350 for me :D.

bbahunter likes this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

They would be nice to find out what changes do what,how much.the way I am I would be trying something different everyday:oops: :p it would be fun to play with :rolleyes: your fault Oppie as you got me thinking nowo_O but I have self control(I don,t need one,I don,t need oneo_O)at least it,s not as expensive as a (I don,t need one o_O)John Deere tractor :oops::p

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Oppie likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I just want to try different stuff because I can :D, it's not good when I get bored. I'm just a big kid, if ya don't believe me, ask my wife :eek:.

14. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Bruce, what is that bow of yours? How long is the power stroke? Is it a modified forward riser, or a Matrix riser?

Oppie likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Jeff, it's a riser from one of the Exo bows, is that a forward riser? Power stroke is 12.5 inches to the string stops with matrix limbs and a couple of other proprietary tricks :D.

jacol84 likes this.
  16. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Just wondering, Bruce. I have a similar setup that's mostly Middleton except for the Matrix limbs, but 12.5" power stroke. Having a hernia fixed in late July, so I just got a C2. I am thinking about putting this one back together (13.5" power stroke). Not as crazy as some of Frank's bows, but it should be pretty fast.:D

Bad Boy 405?.jpg

Oppie likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good move getting the C2 crank, I'm using one on my bows now days. I really think that's one reason my arrow speeds are pretty consistent. I twisted the string up a couple of turns and the arrow speeds dropped about 5 fps but it averages out to about 340 fps with 400 gr arrows.
    It does make it tough for me to hear the string latch "click" with the C2 ratchet clicking but it saves on my back issue's so it's worth it.

jacol84 likes this.