Another Xcal!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Feb 22, 2018.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Here is the new beast. This is sooo easy to cock compared to the Micro 355! Added a Flemish String, Bushnell Trophy XLT Crossbow Scope, and Danny Miller Bumpers.

380-1.jpg

380-2.jpg

380-3.jpg

Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Shes purty, I'd Choot that!

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lookin good!

xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks, going out in the morning. Hope the river is not still over the banks, or I'll just be doing a drive by!:eek::cool:

Stalker likes this.
  5. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Dan, it's about time you posted pictures, i thought we were going to have to revoke your man card if you didn't post them. ;):D
    Very nice bow, i like the looks of it.:cool:

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  6. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Hey robert take a look at the picture :
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2017-E...787836&hash=item2f04091171:g:ZLAAAOSwOrlZ4Pc0

7. robertyb

robertyb Member

I saw your pictures on the other forum and think it looks great but I do agree that it needs a camo cheek piece.

xcaliber likes this.
  8. robertyb

robertyb Member

9. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I saw the other also, and it had black limbs and rail, i think it was 679.99 something like that.

10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, the photo showed full camo model. Still a sweet bow.

11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Shot it today, and speeds with calculations for 408 total grains, and subtracting 4 FPS for the Flemish String puts me about 360 FPS, I'm not disappointed, it is a sweet shooter, and quieter that I thought it would be. Micro 355 is about 353 FPS after all the math, very happy there. 30 yards offhand, I need to work the trigger in some!:p:cool: Nice shooter though!

380_Chronograph.jpg

380_Off_Hand.jpg

Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's a very respectable speed, Yes sir Bambi will never see or hear whats coming for them!

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looking good! we sure put in a lot of time,money in our bows ,equipment for what little game we bring home :p

xcaliber likes this.
  15. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Congratulations ! Great looking bow !

xcaliber likes this.
  16. Stalker

Stalker Member

Looking good.Why the Bushnell over the Tact Zone?

17. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

The Bushnell was cheap, but i like it thus far. The T/Z is a great scope in terms of features, but there is the history of bad luck with Excalibur Scopes. I know they don't produce them, but whoever they buy from has low quality standards in my opinion. I know you have the warranty, but that does not help if you're in your stand when you realize you have an issue.

JMHO!

Stalker likes this.
  18. Stalker

Stalker Member

The little experience I've had with Excal scopes was not good but it did seem to hold zero.I looked up the Bushnell on Ebay. I have two older Horton scopes not made by Hawke that are 2-7x36. They always worked good for me just big and heavy. 2006-01-14 012.JPG

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  19. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m looking at them red dots an wow! Nice shooting!!!

xcaliber, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm looking forward to more more more! I've got to get my act together and swap out a scope or two.

xcaliber likes this.