Another Xcal!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

I'm pretty proud of that pic. Got 20 in row hitting the red at least a little.It was only 20 yards but its not that easy to get all 20 with out screwing up. I almost choked the last 2 shots when the pressure was on!:eek::D That old Horton is pretty consistent! So is the scope and those Easton Magnum 2219's. I think I touched 17 at 30 yards one time.Might have to try again if the wind would ever calm down.

jacol84, Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We're not only hunters,tinkers we,re shooters !:D :cool::p

jacol84, Oppie and Stalker like this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

I found my attempt at 30. Started off bad with #1, #5 and #6 all missed.#4 and #10 are too close to call:D I say 17 out of 20 at 30 yards:D. Used only 1 arrow at 30.Lots of good exercise lol! I look forward to trying again. The time stamp is not right in the pic. If anybody wants I'll find the link to print out the dots and post it.Just let me know:D 20 dots at 30 2006-01-16 001.JPG 20 dots at 30 2006-01-16 002.JPG 20 dots at 30 2006-01-16 006.JPG 20 dots at 30 2006-01-16 007.JPG

The Target shed has changed a good bit since then!:D

20 dots at 30 2006-01-16 005 (800x600).jpg Shoot to thrill 004.jpg

4. Stalker

Stalker Member

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Dan!

Did you find anything out about the warranty on the blems?

5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Lifetime on the blems, got a set coming. I'm convinced my slow bow is due to something more than limbs however. I'm not overly concerned about that, but somehow it took off on the Excalibur forum, and a lot of good advice has poured in. I'm going to take my riser / limbs from the 330 and pop them on, hit the chronograph a few times, and go from there. I think the riser is the issue, and or the limb straps that are now installed with spacers to set a gap over the limbs, it's supposed to help limbs from cracking. IDK. If I can another 15 FPS why not!:cool:

Stalker likes this.
  6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Good deal on the blems, Dan. Good to know. Good luck getting the fps where they should be as well.

xcaliber likes this.
  7. robertyb

robertyb Member

I think you have a set of low deflection limbs. You should contact Excalibur about it and swap for a better set as it is under warranty.

xcaliber likes this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Correction, $115 shipped.

Oppie likes this.
  9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, Peter is back next week, and I will contact him. Again, not too worried about 380 FPS, but 370 would be sweet!

Oppie likes this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Went out this morning with the 380 equipped with the riser & limbs from my 330 Matrix. I know that bow gets advertised speeds. Well, got 358 with the 408 grain arrows. That would be around 381 FPS, now I now what I need to do!;)

380_with_330_riser.jpg

380_with_330_limbs_and_riser.jpg

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  11. Stalker

Stalker Member

Make them make it right!

Just dont send it to DM he'll say your whining!

Whats the 330 shoot that arrow?

Oppie likes this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I get around 310 with that heavy arrow and a Flemish String.

Stalker and Oppie like this.
  13. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I did dial the scope in to 50 yards, the ground was dry enough today. I hope I get the speed where it is with this limb & riser because I did spend a lot of time on scope setting. I let my BIL shoot at 40 yards, and he never shot any crossbows before, he did a great shot in the small black center, I said shoot again, he said nope, I'm at 100% right now!:cool: I'm really starting to like that cheap Bushnell Scope BTW!

jacol84, Stalker and Oppie like this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good job Dan, I'm not at all surprised in your results o_O.

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks Bruce, I took the Ex-Shox off the limbs, and gave them to my neighbor's Dad. Those boogers weigh 276 grains EACH! I'm going to put it all back together and try to get out tomorrow morning to shoot. More to come folks!:cool:

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  16. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Most 380's shoot from 360 fps to 364 fps with a 400gr arrow and heavy flemish string.

Oppie, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  17. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

If'n you want it quieter, put a set of Limbsaver broadbands on the inside of the limbs just off the riser. At that place, I can't believe they do anything much to the speed, and (to my ears) they work better than the X shox (bowjax stabilizer dampers). Of course, if you don't care about the noise/vibe you can run the limbs naked.;)

xcaliber, Stalker and Oppie like this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Naked it shall be! :D:eek::cool:

jacol84 likes this.
  19. Stalker

Stalker Member

I bought the limbsaver kit. It came with the pads for the limbs.The little dohicky's for the stirrup , arrow retainer and string leaches of some type. I put the pads about a inch from the outside edge to the riser. I put all the stuff on except the string leaches. Seems to help a good bit with vibration. I saw no speed loss with the chrono with them this close to the riser. I could probably put them out wider with no speed loss. 20171219_111532.jpg

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  20. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Sweet! With the riser & limb set from my 330 and nothing on it for sound deadening, it was not loud to me. I have the Dr. Stirrup limb silencers on the Micro 355, no speed loss on that bow. The Micro 355 is much quieter than i thought it would be, and just because of the size of that bow, it might be my number one in the fall.