Another Xcal!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Feb 22, 2018.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Dan, how is the Koda compared to your Excals in terms of noise, recoil, vibe?

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

It's probably close in terms of noise, but the vibration is pretty low. It is probably due to the split limbs, and the bumpers which are supposed to have the string rest on them without a gap. It is a little heavier too, and that takes up most of the recoil.

jacol84 likes this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Got to shoot this afternoon, and got 342 with same arrow, and all accessories removed. Limbs & riser are suspect at this point.
    380_with_exshox_removed.jpg

4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Decided to strip her down, got 50 on both limbs, don't know really what that means???

Limb_Numbers.jpg

Oppie likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

here is the riser, which looks different from my 330!

380_riser.jpg

Oppie likes this.
  6. Stalker

Stalker Member

The original limbs I sent back said 53 on them and they were shooting slow. The next pair and riser where even slower but I never took them off. 20180122_142052.jpg

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

What? You should get that corrected! poop:

Oppie likes this.
  8. Stalker

Stalker Member

I did. That was when DM said If I wanted to whine about speed call Peter. So I did. All is well now. Shoots 353 with a 350 gn. Pushing 443- 444gns at 322-323 fps with your string

Masboy, Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's not unprofessional or anything :confused:.

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  10. Stalker

Stalker Member

No not at all.Who cares what speed it shoots! Its not his money!

I call it false advertising! All manufactures should be held accountable! Givem hell Dan!

11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Agreed, they've been playing that speed numbers game for a long time.

Stalker likes this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm okay with close!:p:D:cool:

13. Stalker

Stalker Member

At 342 with a 408gn. wouldn't that put you about 18-19 fps slow with a 350 gn?

14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yes, 19 FPS.

15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Got a hold of Peter at Excalibur, he said the 50's on the limbs are a bit low on force. He said to send them in, and he would send me some 58's, I don't know their scale, but he thinks will do the trick. I told him camo, or black, don't matter to me much. Well, lucky me gets home from work, and my blems hit the home front today, and yes, 58 & 58.5 are marked on the limbs! They're on, and I'm going to choot her tomorrow after work. :D:cool:

Camo_limbs_on_the_380.jpg

jacol84, Stalker and bbahunter like this.
  16. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

That looks nice Dan, hopefully it performs more to specs. When you get a chance please post a full picture of the bow. ;)
    I do know that there were alot of 380's that didn't make advertised speeds. Probably would be ok if you were within 5-10 fps.

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  17. Stalker

Stalker Member

Glad to hear you don't think 19fps is close!:D

xcaliber likes this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

370 plus is good. I have the luxury of testing the limbs to the specs. Peter mentioned before sending the limbs in. I think it's the riser too, but hey I've been wrong at least once before!:p:eek:

Stalker likes this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Will do Brian, hopefully tomorrow in the sun light after work.

20. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Oh, when I put the same string back on where I tied it up when removing the limbs, it set the brace height up about an extra 1/4" so there is more umph in these limbs!