Another Xcal!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Feb 22, 2018.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Bruce, the blems are perfect! I don't know who decides this, or what kind of lighting they're working under, but they are costing Excalibur some time & money!

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  2. robertyb

robertyb Member

You are going to be pleasantly surprised in the difference between the 50 and the 58 deflection limbs. Lots more speed. :)

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It's a good deal for us guys though :).

xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Got the blems on, and shot an average of 350 with the same string, and arrows @ 408 grains. So, 19.33 for the extra weight, add 4 more for the Flemish, done enough shooting to know that's a close number, and I'm at 373.3! Very happy with that! I'm not saying I won't look for another riser, but for now, the kid is HAPPY! :cool:

380_with_58_limbs.jpg

robertyb and jacol84 like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

But are your "adviser's" on the "other" forum's happy? I'd be happy with that.

xcaliber likes this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

IDK, but it seems that way!:p:D

Oppie likes this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Will do Brian, I'm waiting for my Trigger Tech Trigger & Red Lever. David says, last week of March, Trigger Tech is behind on shipments. I might get one this weekend outdoors if i get out, right now I have one screw for the scope mount with a stripped head!:mad: Cheap fasteners! Anyway, twas the last screw, and I have a little medicine for that booger!:cool:

8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Came in from garage, cannot find my Dremmel Cutoff Tool kit, left it somewhere helping someone! LOL. Daughter says, I'll have one here Saturday, Amazon Prime Baby! Such a sweet kid.:D

bbahunter, Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Great kid!

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Whew, we're stripping screws already and getting the dremmel out, Yeeee Haaaaaaa! We're having fun now kids :p!

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Why is it always that last one when things are going well :mad: :pI thought that only happened to me :p

Stalker, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, you know you're going to have to this stuff once in a while. :eek:

13. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Got my limbs back today, we'll hopefully get them on & a few shots off! Went from 50's to 58's and now, YIPEE!

New_Blackies.jpg

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Are them 99 ,98.5 or am I seeing things :p

xcaliber likes this.
  15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

They are!:cool:

16. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Not really sure what numbering system that is. I know the #s used to be around 100. Brian told me his hybrid shot 385 fps with limbs that were marked 104, and 375 with limbs that were marked 96. The MOTS limbs (405. 350) limbs that are on it now are marked 50, but they measured 7# more draw weight than the 96s. I think there are (at least) two Excal numbering systems for their limbs.:confused:

17. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Dan, those are the old deflection numbers. The ones in the 50's are new deflection numbers. They changed around the same time when they had limb breakage with the over heated limb debacle.:rolleyes:
    Those limbs 99.-99.5 may not be a big jump in speed. I would keep your blem limbs on that bow.

jacol84, Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  18. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Jeff, it does seem that excal confused the whole deflection numbering system for sure.
    And dare i say, they are fudging some of those numbers too. :rolleyes::eek:

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, lost 8 FPS with these. Put the camo limbs back on, going from there!

jacol84, bbahunter and Oppie like this.
  20. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Come on Dan, get off your duff and take the pictures you promised.:p:D