Arras?

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by jacol84, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Bingo! We have a winner folks!
    Bowhunter's and their money are easily separated :D. A friend sent me a video of the blue tooth nocks knowing full well I'm a basic Luddite and don't have a cell phone. I still have a love hate thing with lighted nocks. Just about over them....

My arrows for this year are BE Zombies with 125gr blades weighing in @ 465 gr for now. I've been so busy I haven't even shot a arrow sense April or there abouts.

jacol84 likes this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Had a great time shooting those aluminum arrows at 3D targets today. I went with the husband/wife team that shot the 2 P&Y bucks the last 2 years that I have posted pics of a while back. Got the TR scope set up and dialed in this morning. Scope ended up on 2x (285 fps), which surprised me. Thought the setup was faster, but it does draw like butter, probably pulling less than 190#. No matter, everything went well. Shot 2 8s (both just forward of the 10 ring, but in a great place to hit a live animal), 4 10s and 9 Xs (our club scores them as 11s) Better than any score I shot when shooting compound bows years ago. The light draw bow is really quiet. Don't know that I'd hunt with it, but probably could.:D

Jack Pine and Stalker like this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

Dont know what you arrows weigh but 285 fps is definitely hunt-able to me.

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Good shooting! plenty fast an faster than the bows most of my deer have fell too.

5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Thanks, guys. It was a happy surprise. I did some offhand practice in the morning and it didn't go that well. Was hoping to not embarass myself.:oops: He told me he hadn't shot since he shot his 155" buck. For some reason, I could hold really steady when we shot. Felt good.:D The arrows weigh 375 grains with 100 gr. points. I'm sure it would do fine. Put this front end on the 13.5" bba mag, put the SS front end back on this rail/stock, and both are shooting around 340. Little more margin for error.;) I think I like the scope a lot.:)

Oppie likes this.
  6. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Good shooting Jeff! I wouldn't worry about the scope showing 285 fps, most times they are not all that accurate in that regard, AND if you think about it, Excaliburs rated for 305fps are actually in the 285 or under range when they use a "real" arrow over 350 grains. I like to shoot at 300 fps or over but have killed deer with my MK bows that are in the 240-250 range.

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

jacol84 likes this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Your the number 1 dot killer ! I thought I killed more dots than about anyone , but you got me beat for sure an are number 1 for sure :p good shooting as always !!!!

Stalker likes this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thanks but what video did you watch? You may have missed it.I think its only 11 seconds long.

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I watchd it first an didn,t know what I was watching:confused: I just watched it again an now see a curving arrow in flight but have no ideal what it,s shot at or going on . I,m alittle slow understanding things :p

11. Stalker

Stalker Member

My bad.I guess I should have explained. Its a 60+ yard shot at a target thats 2'x 2'.The arrow I used is a 568 gn arrow shot with my little 150lb Horton Summit at 224fps.I posted pic of the arrows earlier in this thread.

With some editing I made it look like the arrow is curving! When in reality its just dropping.Here's the same shot before editing.You can see the arrow knock the target over.

jacol84 likes this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Cool! now I understand :p speaking of copperheads my son just killed a small one as we walked in a old cabin in the woods looking at some property.

Stalker and Oppie like this.