Baby striper

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice! on my home turf :p

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Not gonna lie, I was looking for your name :D.

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Awesome walleye!

4. Stalker

Stalker Member

My brother caught this one Jug fishing a few years back about that size. State record here in GA on a rod and real is 83lbs I believe. The blue cat record is bigger. IMG_1876.JPG
    They get a lot bigger! https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/35666032/georgia-man-catches-101-pound-long-flathead-catfish

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s a nice fish!

6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Nice fish for sure.

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Finally getting to go on my camping trip. The wife's work schedule delayed April or early May trips:(. This will be my home for a few days on lake Lanier starting memorial day:D The crowds should be all gone by Tuesday:D. Hopefully the weather will be good and the Striper and Spotted bass bite will still be good! I'll try off the back of the boat at night for some cats as it will be beached a few feet away:D 20190502_105710.jpg 20190502_105653.jpg

jacol84, xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Best of luck, and don't forget the pictures for us guys stuck in the monsoon rains :oops:.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thanks! We had our share of rain this winter. Hopefully it will stay somewhat dry for a while.The Lake is still high as you can tell by the pics. Knowing my luck the monsoons will hit again while we are camping. I'll have my rain gear ready!

Oppie likes this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looks great ,maybe things will dry up some by then. no such luck for us as we're leaving early in the morning for lewes Delaware . I read some coastal flooding ,high tides, wind,water temp drops :confused: lucky me :p we,ll have a good time anyway an get our lines wet . we,ll fish the lewes canal ,out of some of the wind if not too dirty. out going tides the best as the waters a few degrees warmer on the out going tide ,colder when the incoming tides ocean water comes in.

Oppie and Stalker like this.
  11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Well back home from the trip from hell :confused::p I lost the fishing contest the first day but kicked his butt the next . the redheaded peckerhead was being a real dick the whole trip,I told my son i thought about kicking his ass,my son laughed as he knows how I feel about a smart ass :eek: an said he had the same thought:p good thing he drove us down for him:p we caught 30 flounder all together but only one keeper:confused: 1 blue ,few small stripers. so cold the first day on the water an we weren't dressed for it. I had a light pull over hooded sweat shirt on an had to cut eye holes in the hood an wear it backwards :eek::pno place like home!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Stalker, Jack Pine, xcaliber and 2 others like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

There's always one in every crew that's lucky to get home alive :oops:

Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Beautiful :), I could learn to like that fishing in a hurry.

Stalker, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's just ain't right, he should have a women around just so he can be happy like the rest of us :p.

jacol84, Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Ain't right!:p

jacol84, Oppie and Stalker like this.
  16. Stalker

Stalker Member

X2! Doesn't he know women love to clean fish!:D

As far as my trip goes the weather is looking dry :D. Hot and dry though! M,T,W,T, highs next week are are 97-99 degrees!:eek::eek::eek:. Looks like I'll be in the water with the fish! Sure glad the camper has AC for sleeping:D I guess its better than rain! 20180715_182713.jpg

xcaliber, jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Went with a buddy on the Susquehanna river today, he caught his first musky, I caught one little bitty smallie. Talk about getting showed up, it wasn't good for me. River is still running pretty fast an cloudy but clearing some, better days are coming.
    Yea, we were standing on the bank....

Larrys musky.jpg

Larrys musky1.jpg

jacol84, xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  18. Stalker

Stalker Member

Very Nice!

19. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice fish! I,ve only caught one in my life out of the susky here. I went to port deposit today with my boat to go fishing ,wind was terrible,river orange ,so didn,t bother to launch my boat an came home disappointed . talked to a boat load of older guys that just came in an they told me the water was not as dirty as it looks:rolleyes: one told me they were catching bluefish not far down the bay,said that he had got them up to 100lb before :oops: what a lier :p no wonder I like my animals an don,t associate much with people :p

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  20. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Nice fish. Only caught one sub legal Musky in my life. Frank, if they are catching 100# bluefish in the bay, I'd get down there right away.:rolleyes:;) A former student and a not-really friend of my youngest son used to tell him that a 175# dressed doe was a small one for their family. :eek: They only hunted about 4 miles from where we did.:rolleyes: