Bow for wife is showing progress.

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by jacol84, Sep 4, 2019.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

3B953E07-DFE9-47C8-97C7-2CA10F15A22B.jpeg

No, not a swap. ;) The stock is all there, needs some areas cleaned up and straightened. Rough shaping complete. Put the SS limbs on it today. Sweet shot, quieter than the RDX. Probably about 300-305 with around 400 grain arrows. Weight is 6#even with the 13 oz TR 525. Length is 32”. Wife has to shoot lefty (eye), but I made the stock ambidextrous just in case she doesn’t like to shoot after all.;)

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Real nice!

jacol84 likes this.
  3. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Looking great Jeff, you do a really nice job on those stocks.;)

jacol84 likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That one nice put together rig !

jacol84 likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Great looking bow. I think she'll love it!

jacol84 likes this.
  6. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Sweet bow Jeff, I'd be proud to carry that into the woods myself, and I'm particular about what bows I'll carry.
    You are an artist on many levels.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Thanks. Cal, that’s your string it’s wearing.:D

xcaliber likes this.
  8. robertyb

robertyb Member

I like that stock. What are you going to stain it with?

jacol84 likes this.
  9. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Robert, it is walnut, so I'm not sure if I will stain at all. The core is the same piece as the Little Franky stock, so it will be lighter on the left side than the right. I have a lot of work and sanding before I decide on that.;)

bbahunter and Oppie like this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I just showed this to Mrs Judy and said you were building it for your wife, she said you must really love your wife because I never built one for my wife, just a couple for myself! I'll never learn :oops:.
    Oh and she thinks it looks great :).

Stalker, jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  11. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Welcome Jeff, it's true, no baloney at all, it is SWEET!
    Sure wish I could still build strings. I started on 1 over a year ago and finally threw it away the other day without even putting a serving on.

12. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Bruce, I suppose that's just another form of "too much information.";) We tried the 355 SS with Brian's thumbhole stock. Just a bit too long and heavy (she has a bad shoulder). Tried a Bruin Attack 265 (even made a separate rear stock to use with the C2. She liked the size and weight, hated the horrible trigger, noise, and vibe. A person with any sense would just get his wife a Matrix Cub or 308 short instead of all this.;)

Cal, I thought I remembered your shoulder injury keeping you from making strings. Sorry you can't do something you are really good at.:(

Jack Pine likes this.
  13. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Thanks Jeff. Well, I couldn't do much with a dislocated shoulder, but the arthritis in my thumb joints at my hands is the problem now. Got 6 strings left from the old days, including 1 Dan made for me out of Fury. Set for life I think.

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

If & When Judy's Parker breaks that's what I have in mind. She likes her thunderhawk but we all know what happened to their lifetime warranty.

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Bruce, check out this site.https://shop.rockinghamcoop.com/?fb...zrG5sIcnwmr7L7R_l9EVKLgivwLgg8P0gnWuEKBMzwBBk

I'd at least get a set of backup limbs. Low prices. Don't wait though. I wanted to get a pair of the Hurricane XXT cams in case I needed to replace the cams on my Burky bow. Next time I checked in, only one side was still available. Could have gotten a backup cam set for under $30.:rolleyes: They DID have complete limb/cam sets for the Thunderhawk-both sides a while ago. Not sure about now.

Just looked. They have Blackhawk (not camo, but same limb/cam) assembly - rt and lt for $50 each. No more camo Thunderhawk limb cam combos. They do have complete Thunderhawk kits for $319. Just FYI

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Stalker and Oppie like this.
  16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks Jeff :), I've been thinking about getting a spare set of limbs for it. She only shoots it a dozen or so times a year so with a spare set she'd be set for a long time.

17. Stalker

Stalker Member

Beautiful stock Jeff. Your wife is a lucky lady!

jacol84 likes this.