Built Some Black Eagle Executioner Bolts

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Vital Limits, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

AV2 Vanes, Firenock brass inserts, Firenock Q nocks..

Firenock Lit nock 4.jpg Firenock lit nock 2.jpg Firenock nock 12.jpg Firenock 37.jpg

2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Very nice.

Vital Limits likes this.
  3. robertyb

robertyb Member

And VERY expensive.

Vital Limits likes this.
  4. Stalker

Stalker Member

X2! Here's some old factory Bee's I spine indexed and fletched with Sk 300 vanes.Firenock non lighted J nocks. Considering how old they are with hundreds of shots on them they shot pretty good! Especially considering I fletched them!:eek::rolleyes::D

5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Look great!

Vital Limits likes this.
  6. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

Cool Video! I think I may of watch that on Youtube before..

The Firenock lit nocks are more $$$.. But I found in my experience they are not all that bad in cost over the long run.. I do have some nocks over 2 years still on the same battery and circuit board, I littarly shot one through a turkey, bounced off the ground and hit a tree and nothing wrong, not saying I can do that again, but the nocks have all replaceable parts..

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thanks! I'm sure their great nocks! Every time I looked into getting some I found another piece or part to buy.Just got to complicated and expensive for me.Plus I have never liked added weight at the back of the arrow. I've used Luminoks and they have always worked fine. I actually made a couple of video's with them.They were a couple of years old and the batteries were getting weak but still worked pretty good.

8. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

The Firenocks are a bit more complicated and can be a bit more tricky I suppose to install until one gets good with working with the product. The Lumenock and Firenock are really on 2 different playing fields, the Lumenock being targeted to big stores while the Firenock you can only pick up through Firenock or a Firenock Pro Shop.

Cool video! I will subscribe to your channel!

Stalker likes this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

No doubt Dorge makes great stuff and puts a lot of R&D behind hit.Lighted nocks are no guarantee your going to find your arrow if it burrows under ground! I have a few but dont use them for hunting.

I wish Dorge could do better at Shipping!!!!o_O He charges $6 to ship 7 nonlighted nocks! I ordered last Thursday and their still not here! Ridiculas!!! Waited 3 days to ship!

10. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

Dorge wasnt in office, last week was ATA... He is just getting caught up now.. I can understand shipping cost.. we dont charge for shipping on firenock lighted nock pack anywhere in the lower US 48.. If in stock that go out same or next business day. If not in stock its about 3-5 days.

11. Stalker

Stalker Member

I think I have ordered from him 3 or 4 times.Every time shipping is overpriced and slow! Probably because he sends a catalog every time! I sent a package to a friend the same day I ordered from him.A bigger heavier package going roughly the same distance to KS,MO It was there 3 days ago and cost $3 not $6! Same shipper USPS. Sorry for the rant!

bbahunter likes this.
  12. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

I've never had a issue with shipping time,, price wise the $5-$6 is not out of the norm. With some other suppliers, example Lancaster which is about a 2 hr drive from me if I were to order 1 peep sight that is a $19.00 order and weight about nothing their price starts at $5.95 and goes up $$$$.. That and like Firenock that shipping cost in USPS is including insurance with normally a little faster time in some cases..

"
    ( Lacaster Archery to South Jersey )
    Select Shipping Method
    • USPS Priority Mail (3-6 Business Days) $5.95
    • UPS Ground (2-5 Business Days) $9.95
    • UPS Second Day (2 Business Days, order by 1pm ET) $15.75
    • UPS Next Day (1 Business Day, order by 1pm ET) $21.00

Stalker likes this.
  13. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well I guess their a rip off too!

$21 for 7 nocks and 8 days later I still have no nocks!

It wouldn't bother me if they would have been here Wednesday like the package I sent to my buddy for $3 less!

14. robertyb

robertyb Member

Why $21 for 7. I looked at his site and it shows $9.95 for 7 nocks so with $6 shipping it should be $15.95 .

15. Stalker

Stalker Member

You have to buy the o-rings for the flat and moon nocks another $5...$20.95

16. robertyb

robertyb Member

I flat forgot about the o rings. I actually need some.

17. Stalker

Stalker Member

They'll cost you $11 unless you can find some local that will work. I ordered the 11th and am still waiting! Maybe tomorrow.

18. robertyb

robertyb Member

My brother was in seals and gaskets sales for years. I hope he might have some around that will fit. Keep forgetting to ask him. I only have one that has busted so really not in dire need yet.

19. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

Did you call Firenock to see if there was an order issue issue with it not getting through? I did price the lit M mocks that include orings, still same price as other lit nock packs.. You do get 3 extra nocks in pack.. The nocks are more than some others, but than look at what has gone into the nock,, Single Cavity mold, virgin flow plastics, the circuit board is a computer system along with a battery and each part is fully replaceable. No bushing, no non concentric on an off switch to mess with. The nocks are going to be more $$$ and not found just anywhere like in Wal-marts, Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops. It's simply not a big box store product..

20. Stalker

Stalker Member

They finally arrived Monday the 22nd. I ordered Thursday the 11th thats 11 days. The quality is top notch! The price for the nocks is fine. Its the price for shipping and shipping time! He's pocketing $3 the way I see it. The Label wasn't created until the 14th! 4 days after I ordered.USPS didn't get them until the 16th 5 days after I ordered. I sent a bigger package the 11th roughly the same distance! My friend had it the 16th and the price was $3 not $6.

No its not a lot of money! Just bad CS imo. This isn't the first time either. I will look for other sources that carry them. I may even half to pay a little more but they will probably be here in 4 or 5 days not 11. Sorry for the rant again lol!:D