Busy Busy

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Feb 3, 2017.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Today I had to drive up to Wisconsin for work, 3 hours each way, and a meeting spanning several hours. I was supposed to be home today with the Queen while our kitchen floor was being installed. Well, things don't always turn out the way you want them to, do they? I will say though that our local flooring guy did it agin for us. We always try to contract our local folks, buy local, etc. This fellow, Craig owns a samll business doing flooring, carpeting, etc. We have been doing work with him for 20 plus years, and he is amazing! Here is a picture of my new floor! Happy Wife / Happy life!
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

2. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Member

Looks great Dan !

glassman_48 likes this.
  3. glassman_48

glassman_48 Member

Great looking floor, bet your both pretty happy.

4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Looks like Craig did a great job! What kind of flooring is it?

glassman_48 likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

We went with a laminate, I'll have to get the brand name though. Happy is an understatement.

6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Enough said :D! Floor looks great, he did a real nice job. We have laminate flooring in the main part of the house and we love it.

OldschoolBH, glassman_48 and xcaliber like this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Got the appliances back in, the dishwasher was running on love so we replaced her. That damn thing beat me arse on the install. We have a Lazy Susan in the corner so you have to get around the apron behind it. This my friends is a plumbing nightmare! My knees, back, legs, arms are killing me, but I won!:cool: I'll get pictures after I clean up my mess, and put all my tools away, or as the Queen says, my toys!:p

OldschoolBH and glassman_48 like this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Here she is from the other direction. Yep, big kitchen, just what my wife wanted!

New%20Floor_zpszmatcykp.jpg

9. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Very nice, Dan. I believe those are the same cabinets (at least very close) as we have in our kitchen, though the layout is different. I really prefer the look of wood to the more "modern" painted cabinet look. Your kitchen looks great. Hope your wife remains happy with it, as we all know how important that is.;)

10. OldschoolBH

OldschoolBH Member

If my wife sees this picture I'm in deep trouble:eek:

glassman_48 and xcaliber like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Looks good Dan, I like the wood cabinets myself, not into painted cabinets. A good friend just repainted all his kitchen cabinets white, but he's OCD and spent weeks sanding and painting, sanding and painting......
    There's a reason I'm not a plumber :p

glassman_48, xcaliber and OldschoolBH like this.
  12. CLT Bluesman

CLT Bluesman New Member

Very nice looking! I love a wood floor in the kitchen. That's what we have. In fact I like wood floors period in any room. The only place we have carpet is the bedrooms. I want to get wood installed when it's time to replace the carpet.

The wife should be very happy indeed! She might even look the other way right now if you made a big hunting purchase right now. Strike while the Iron is hot!!!

glassman_48, xcaliber and OldschoolBH like this.
  13. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Finally installed the new counter tops, subway tile / backsplash next, then painting, and lighting. I'm trying to get the wife to stay here for 10 more years, we'll see how that plan rolls.:cool::eek:

New%20Counter%20Tops_zpsws2hzoh7.jpg

Oppie, jacol84 and glassman_48 like this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Looks good Dan!

15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Funny chit, went out tonight to a fund raiser, Sheriff actually, and we stay connected to local Government as much as possible. We support the folks we believe in, and track their history to make sure we make put our money where it is best spent. The Venue was a local Bar & Grill, and they recently started serving Yuengling! Win / Win. The feature entertainment was two local comedians, and they killed it. Anyway, the Wife started showing off her nearly completed kitchen, and I have all the jobs I could ask for to remodel kitchens. I even had a few folks ask if the coordinator was gay! WTF! :p:eek::cool:

16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looks good! great job there Dan!

17. glassman_48

glassman_48 Member

xcaliber,
    I believe the "gay" comment was the best compliment you could get. You certainly do have a flair for remodeling, if you lived closer I would hire you in a heartbeat:)

xcaliber likes this.
  18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My wife would like her kitchen done over, when you get some free time, all the Yuengling you can drink :), I'll even stay outta your way :p!

xcaliber and glassman_48 like this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

You know I just do the work, right?:rolleyes: The Queen picks everything!:cool:

Oppie likes this.
  20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Well ya, I knew that, after all the Queen rules the jokers :p. And we wouldn't have it any other way :).....
    Soooo when you retire are you going into kitchen design & installs? I have a couple of friends that were close to blows over a kitchen makeover. So me being a good friend applied beer to the argument. Their house was built in the mid 1800's and the kitchen is not level or square or very big. My buddy is very ocd, his wife just wants it done. Good times :D:D:D

xcaliber likes this.