Busy Busy

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Feb 3, 2017.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I think when i retire, I'm going to be a professional Hunter / Beer Sampler:D:cool:

jacol84 likes this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm doing that job now, and it's not as easy as people think :D.

jacol84 likes this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm half way decent at both, but no professional!:D:cool:

4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Putting lights together tonight, you can tell some young pup sitting behind a desk wrote these instructions, and they are probably brighter than the darn lights!:eek::cool:

5. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Dan, now that I'm retired [tired again, or twice as tired as before], except for these terrible winter days, I'm busier than I ever was. I don't know how I ever got anything done when I was still working. Anyone who is afraid they won't have anything to do after they retire, listen to ol' Uncle Jack and keep working or you'll really find out what work is. Mrs. Pine thinks retirement is a license for her to take over and become snoopervisor/slave driver LOL.

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

That chit already started here! My wife, and daughter's think i can fix, or do anything. I try hard, and lick my calve when i muck up. :cool::D

jacol84 likes this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Finally put all 4 new lights up, now painting is next. No hurry, but soon. I know 3 things about electricity.
    1. You have to pay for what you use.
    2. It will kill you.
    3. Red/Red - Black/Black.
    :cool::p

My Queen had an electrician quote her $200. to install the new lights, I did it for a case of brew. ;)

Lights%201_zpswnd8ctta.jpg

Lights%202_zpskploqjoa.jpg

jacol84 likes this.
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Very nice, Dan. One thing for sure, once you retire, people seem to think you are fair game when it comes to asking for help or volunteering. I guess I need to get better at saying no. I agree with Cal, don't know how I got stuff done when I was working.;)

9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I like helping people that want to do for themselves, but lack the knowledge, courage, or just plain feel overwhelmed by the project scope. I love the outcome of projects even at work. Maybe that's what has worked for me all these years. I want to flip houses after retiring, but the Queen wants me to slow down. IDK but we'll live it out day by day!:)

jacol84 likes this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Finally finished the painting! Now it's hanging Iron Work / Paintings / Etc. Love the Wife, Love the Life!

Attached Files:

jacol84, Jack Pine and bbahunter like this.
  11. glassman_48

glassman_48 Member

Dan,
    That is so impressive:) So is the Love the Wife, Love the Life! Congrats

xcaliber likes this.
  12. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Wow! Nicely done Dan.
    Good to see Ed taking time from a busy work schedule and posting again too.

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sure looks nice Dan ,a well done job for sure. I,m jealous as our home was built in 1933 an looks lived in :p

14. glassman_48

glassman_48 Member

Those employee changes really take up extra time, got the other stuff finished up to this week for my business. Hopefully I can have an enjoyable summer now. You should see my orchard now cal,, corn, raspberries, green beans, peas, asparagus, carrots. Been a busy boy lately. I want dan to adopt me and fix my house up:cool:

xcaliber and Jack Pine like this.
  15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Frank, ours looks lived in too, just not in these pics!:eek: My mother always told me, show the best, hide the rest, always wash the car before going out on a date, and wear clean undies, just in case!:cool::p:D

16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

And treat your date like shes your sister ;) and when I replied, why would I do that, I want to have some fun :p our talk went into overtime..........

xcaliber likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

We just painted and new flooring in one of the bedrooms, my knees are killing me.
    We had our house built in 86, always a work in progress :) .

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  18. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Bruce, I'm appreciating the work, not liking the knees hurting, which I can relate to.;)

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I hear you fellas!

20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

One more small room to paint an floor and I'm done :), at least with flooring and I can tell you all flooring is not created equal :oops:.

xcaliber likes this.