Can your arrow do this?

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Oppie, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Can your arrow do this? 460 gr arrow @ 50 yards ;).

P1030033.JPG

2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just think if it had a good broadhead on it ,may have had a pass thru :p

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It's been suggested that I'm losing heads an inserts to something called Friction ? My arrow had some rubber goo stuck to it after I pulled it back out :D. I am kind of hard on my toys at times.
    Cleaned her up put a Griz trick on it and took it hunting that evening ;), I'ma not scared :D.
    Make a nice black bear arrow :p or anything else that needs killing.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I was out getting my broadheads ready an checked out the small ramcats an they spun like tops ,but dull as any I,ve seen . looked some other ramcats over I had an bent an missing blades :confused: got out my 2 slicktrick 100g magnums that were razer sharp from last year an put them on.i have to go dig last years out of the stump to have three again. I had these heads for years an never broke or damaged 1 yet. seems like I always end up with a slick on my arrow after shooting an testing many heads :oops:

Oppie likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

They are tough for sure and I can resharpen or replace blades easy enough. My wife is shooting 125 gr slick tricks and her Thunderhawk seems to like them, she was drilling them in a week or so ago and they were hitting the same as her target tips.

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Same here as I rarely damage a slick blade an good metal in them as I can get them razer sharp on my paper wheels. the Magnus 2 blade penetrate better but ferals bend,ramcats seem to cut alittle better,more accurate but had a feral break ,blades bend ,come loose. Slicks tuff as they come an do everything well . I was impressed with a helix single bevel my son showed me an said flew great an out penatrated the Magnus in his testing.

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Not exactly but close! This was a 470 gn aluminum arrow vs a cinder block! At 60 yards:eek:. No it didn't stick like this but it did leave a half in deep hole.I just put the arrow back in for the pic.If I remember right it was launched at 225 fps. Just having fun launching slow arching arrows with lighted nocks at night last summer. Came up just a little short:D

8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good times :D!

Stalker likes this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

I forgot the pic lol! 0729172126b.jpg 0729172126c.jpg

Oppie likes this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! I do things alittle different an bury most of mine in wood at 50yd:p

Stalker likes this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My motto is, You'll never know how tough your arrows are until you trash a few :).

Stalker likes this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Well kids, I have a few arrows stuck way up in a tree. About 10 years ago I was tweaking a palm held release that cost me a lot of $$. My BIL was watching from his porch as I adjusted the trigger pull down. Now, you probably guessed where this was going, and yes I finally got it too light, and darn near at full draw with 74# Mathews Drenalin, it broke loose!:eek: punched myself in the mouth, drawing lots of blood, I don't hit like a girl!:cool: My BIL is spitting out beer, laughing his arse off. What does Mr. Cool do?, adjust again, check with an allen wrench, and punch myself again!dead:. Now BIL is dying laughing, and says he'll give $20 to do it again. I threw the release into the woods so hard, we ain't never found it. I did see one arrow wayyyyy up in the trees though, but it's gone now!:rolleyes:

Oppie and Stalker like this.
  13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! some of best intertainment comes from watching others mishaps :eek::p the first thing you do no matter how it hurts or even look at what damage you did is look around an see if anyone was wacthing :oops::p

Stalker, Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It's no fun if ya don't screw up once in a while :).

Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Nuff said :p

penetration.JPG

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

One time too many years ago to mention a buddy of mine now gone, God Rest In Peace Brother, welded up a superior target holder. It looked like the old real estate signs, but non the less, he fabricated this thing. It really was a work at that time. My first .50 cal ML shot hit the bottom rung where the targets were held, Steve yells, you low! I smushed another Buffalo Bullet down on the FFF powder, again very popular back then. I squeezed the trigger on my old Hawken, and blew the stem from the sternum, Steve yelled, still f-ing low damn it. :eek::cool::D My best Friend for many years God Took Him!:(

Oppie likes this.
  17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! I remember them buffalo bullets ,an in a yellow plastic box if I remember right.

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sorry for the loss of your friend Dan, it's never easy. Some of my best times have been just shooting for fun.
    A couple yrs ago one of my buddies & I decided to get rid of our pumpkins with tannarite of coarse. And the dogs stuff bear got in on the action :oops:, and a old tire :p . The neighbors prefer I stick to crossbows & arrows :p.

xcaliber likes this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, or white with yellow labels, heck it's been a while. Styrofoam I think! :rolleyes:

20. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

He's been gone a long while, but thanks Bruce. We used to get into all kinds of trouble together. My Wife loved him though, so that made it easier I think.

Oppie likes this.