Can't shoot any more for a while.....

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Jack Pine, May 14, 2017.

1. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Took a fall and had to go to the ER yesterday to get my dislocated shoulder put back together. Thought I broke it but was lucky; no cast and no surgery at this point, just a sling for a few weeks. Sure was sick seeing my arm hanging there. Hard to type with 1 finger on my left hand! Huge bruise from the IV needle and all over my right shoulder; won't be typing much or anything else for a while

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Hope you heal up soon Cal, and fully!

Jack Pine likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Wish you a speedy recovery

Jack Pine likes this.
  4. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Thanks guys, shoulder's swelled as big as a ham!

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  5. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Sorry to hear that JP, i hope your recovery goes nice and smooth.

Jack Pine likes this.
  6. Joe

Joe Active Member

Jeezz Cal.... we are not kids any more my friend hope you got your planting finished . Take it easy and get well i`m looking forward to reading your posts . Get well try to keep a positive attitude .

Joe :)

OldschoolBH and Jack Pine like this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Very sorry to hear about this, Cal. Will be praying for a speedy and complete recovery for you. Tough when it is your dominant side that is damaged. Take care, and don't overdo it.

OldschoolBH and Jack Pine like this.
  8. Jackel

Jackel Member

I have popped both my shoulders now, best advice I can give is don't use it at all, put it through its range of motion after a couple of weeks, don't let it seize up on you, but when it comes time do the physio and get it moving and strong again.. the more muscle you build around your weak joints the better supported they are.. for now, enjoy the break and get some pot for sleeping easy..

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

xcaliber and Jack Pine like this.
  9. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Appreciate the advice, except for the pot; don't use it. They gave me a scrip for pain pill that have codeine and had a pretty good night.

10. Jackel

Jackel Member

Eating pot has many positive effects on the body, any other pain killers effect your liver and kidneys amongst others, having many negative effects on the body..

xcaliber likes this.
  11. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi............

That is bad news Cal, now that you have the cams in timing, weather is better, something like that accident HAD to happen, Murphy is all over the place.

Don't mix your Apple Jack with pain-killers !!

Get better soon and

be SAFER !

Stan

Jack Pine likes this.
  12. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Doing better today Stan; still black & blue but don't hurt near as bad. Took the sling off a few min & shoulder didn't fall back out. Went out and hooked the planter up to Kubo VERY CAREFULLY and try to plant at least 1 plot; supposed to rain tonite

Delta-Stan likes this.
  13. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Figured you'd post something like this.;) As Stan says, be SAFER!

I fell about 2 weeks ago. Sprained my knee and the "good" shoulder, but didn't tear anything. Got back up and finished planting the spuds before we knocked off for the day. Sometimes being stubborn is the only way to get things done, but don't rush it. (Do as I say, not as I do, LOL.);)

Joe and Jack Pine like this.
  14. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Well I got both plots planted & it's supposed to rain tonite & tomorrow AM. Didn't hurt myself & glad I got it done. Garden will have to wait til I'm in better shape. Everyone our age needs to take it easy; work smart, not hard Jeff.

jacol84 likes this.
  15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

That is wisdom, Cal.:)

Jack Pine likes this.
  16. Jackel

Jackel Member

Stubborn bugger! Glad you are on the mend..

Jack Pine likes this.
  17. Wapinheimer

Wapinheimer Member

I sure am sorry to hear about your Misfortune Cal hang in there

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

Jack Pine likes this.
  18. Stalker

Stalker Member

X2. Take it Easy and get well soon!

Jack Pine likes this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Cal, hope you're doing better. If you still got the pain near hunting season, let me know. I might have something to help you get through the season with a crank. If you use it, you might jump over to the dark side!;)

Jack Pine likes this.
  20. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Thanks Dan, I've got a crank for the Micros, but I hope to be in good shape by then. Already getting some movement back. I'll start pushing it a little in a couple weeks.

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.