Can't shoot any more for a while.....

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Jack Pine, May 14, 2017.

1. OldschoolBH

OldschoolBH Member

Thanks for asking. She's hanging in there and praying for things to keep going in the right direction buddy. I keep praying for you and your mom as well Cal.

Jack Pine, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Having lost my Mother New Years Eve, I know how hard that is. I'll pray for them both.

Delta-Stan, jacol84 and Jack Pine like this.
  3. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Well, it's close to 4 weeks since my fall, and I finally got enough sand to try to shoot Baby Huey today. Thank the Lord for C2 cranks! This is the longest it has ever taken me to shoot 5 arrows. Here's a pic offhand at 30 yards. Thanks for not asking embarrassing questions like "Where's your 5th arrow Uncle Jack?" LOL, I did find it undamaged. Terrible shooting but I hope to be better and ready for deer season.
    DSC00904.JPG

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Love them Vanes Cal!

Jack Pine likes this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Uncle Jack can,t hit the broadside of a barn ,but it,s honest shooting an I like seeing it :p

Jack Pine and xcaliber like this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, but them vanes are cool!:p

Jack Pine likes this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! they are pretty ! I can,t help it I got that little kid disease an say the first thing that comes to my mind :confused::p

xcaliber and Jack Pine like this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Damn Love it Button aint working again!:D:eek:

Jack Pine likes this.
  9. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Zeons rock!!!!

xcaliber likes this.
  10. Wapinheimer

Wapinheimer Member

You dont need that 5 th arrow to kill a deer Unkle Jack......those 4 would have done it !!!!!

Jack Pine likes this.
  11. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi............

Next time "MAN WHO LOSES ARROW" should better shoot from the bench :)

Cal, be careful and have a nice weekend

be safe

Stan

Jack Pine likes this.
  12. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

But the missing arrow was my first shot Randy!!!!

xcaliber likes this.
  13. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

You do the same Stan. LOL, many years ago I had a friend whose CB handle was "lost arrow".

Delta-Stan likes this.
  14. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

bad!.JPG
    LOL not even close Randy! Quite a bit of difference between where they were supposed to go and where they actually ended up! I need to keep at it.

xcaliber and Masboy like this.
  15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

We've seen how you shoot when healthy, Cal. You will get there, and it's good you got to shoot some this soon.

Delta-Stan, xcaliber and Jack Pine like this.
  16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

X2! we just have to pick on somebody when there down :p

17. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Did a little better today, at least I can account for all 5 arrows!
    DSC00908.JPG

xcaliber, jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  18. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Shoulder is getting better, about 85% now. I've even been cutting some of my logs to stove length, but been taking it easy and can't stack very high yet, but it will come.
    Have been able to rope cock the dang wheelie crossbow, and this morning got off 9 shots. Bought some new Fusion X-II vanes to try in the wheelie and am pleased with the results SO much better than those junk Bohning Heat vanes. Not what I would call a low profile vane but just about perfect for the wheelie and its shallow track. Fletched up 3 arrows with them and this is the best target out of the 3 I shot, offhand at 30 yards with that long, heavy dang wheelie crossbow this morning. Noticed my cams need to be in sync again; wish those cables would settle in.
    I like these vanes a lot but the 2.1" Zeons would be my first choice if they would fit the track.
    DSC00917.JPG

jacol84 likes this.
  19. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Deer, you better fear this man!:D

20. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I'll be watching this guy Jeff, looks like he will be at least a legal buck with 3 on a side before it's all over. This is as big as it gets on my property.
    WGI_0006.JPG

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.