Chinese Rage Broadheads

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Zombie1978, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Zombie1978

Zombie1978 New Member

Has anyone here tried shooting these? I bought a dozen of the hypodermic knockoffs. So far I have been really impressed with them. I have used a couple to target shoot and they have shot perfect and open a huge hole in my foam target. I will try to add pics when I can. Ended up breaking a blade after shooting into target 5 or 6 times. Maybe I will try these to take a turkey in spring.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk
    0af692f843c0dad1e2fbe8fa5cb9b01a.jpg 9b3c693225d42ba0ebc1baecfd6579db.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. robertyb

robertyb Member

I have seen some posts on another forum (might be you?) where a guy bought some and said he likes them for the price as they shoot well and he considers them to be a one shot throw away head on game.

3. Stalker

Stalker Member

I haven't tried them.If it took that many shots to break a blade your doing great!The last real Rage I shot both blades broke in my target on the first shot!I haven't shot a rage since.It was the Xbow version1.75"cut.Switched to Swhackers and haven't looked back.

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Got to say there cut is impressive ! if they spin good an shoot strait I see no problem as long as you can keep them from coming open in flight. my sons have killed deer with the ones you buy here an impressed . the ones you buy here are probably made in China also like lots of others.

Nyhunter11 and OldschoolBH like this.
  5. Zombie1978

Zombie1978 New Member

I paid 17.00 for 12 of them off of ebay with free shipping. I haven't shot a deer with them but wouldn't hesitate to do so. They seem well made and spin true. So far I haven't had one open flight. I shoot a Excalibur 350 LE and it is shooting 350 fps. I have also heard very good things about the Swhackers.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

6. Stalker

Stalker Member

I bought 6 of the Swhacker 100gn 1.75"cut knockoffs for $7.50 with free shipping.They seem like they should work fine other than maybe damaging inserts. But regular Swhackers do that to me if I dont modify the wing blades a little.The slot in the ferrule is a little wider so there is a little more slop the blades are surprisingly sharp.I was planing on testing them through some plywood or something.They spin good and weighed close at 101- 103gns.They came with rubber bands to keep them close but I make my own heat shrink bands anyway so pre deployment wont be a problem.