Crossbows getting the saw

Discussion in 'Doing It Yourself - Crossbow Maintenance' started by Masboy, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I have 2 rails stripped ready for the saw ,ones 13.75 an the other 15.5 an thinking one a 10.75 an the other a 10 inch . thinking mabye micro,matrix limbs ?getting another riser machined also so then I will have three for my bows that will take matrix limbs or any others. son don,t work there anymore but I talked to his friend that has a cnc machine at home an he said he would do them for me ,his dad an him are both good machinist . may get him to Swiss cheese 1 rail an the riser an do a cheese stock for it myself out of one of my thumbhole ones.

xcaliber likes this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Never a dull moment in Masboy land.;) Good luck with the projects, Frank.

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Cut away friend, but you'll void your warranty and be a Microfranken bow :p.
    Don't get me started, I think :confused: I still have a uncut rail :rolleyes:

xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

You gotta have them customs!:D:cool:

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I can,t make up my mind but a 10 inch forward riser, micro limb, ultra lite, Swiss cheese rail an riser ,bare bow sounds interesting too me. what I like is I can put a different complete front end of any limbs on it be old long,matrix,micro an like them all.

Oppie likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Just Say NO! :D

Joe and xcaliber like this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Just kidding, hack away, show us how it's done.

xcaliber likes this.
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

IME, you can get them too light. YMMV.;) I still have an 11.8" Apex rail that I thought would do well with a 2" cut and a flat riser with Micro limbs. I don't know that it would really be any better than what I already have though.:confused:

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Most I,ve killed I could have killed with about anything , power bows are nice but not been really necessary on any of my kills I think?. I guess just a man thing bigger is better :p

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  10. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Don't get much bigger and meaner than Bextrix and Noxtrix. You can cut 'em down and they'd still be mean.;)

Joe and xcaliber like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Just depends on how deep you want your arrows in the ground or stump :p after it passes thru :) the deer.

xcaliber likes this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I always figured the faster the better for deer getting out of the way of my arrows . so far my vixen has the Same record as the high power bows with none getting out of the way with more kills. my stock vortex an my sons Equinox that were 2 of the most accurate bows we had have the worst record for deer getting out of the way of the arrow.I don,t stop deer now an shoot them walking or a more relaxed deer an mabye that is the reason . no sure thing as far as a crossbow shot kill here :eek:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    jacol84 likes this.
  13. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Another thought before you do anything, Frank. I have the 11.8" Apex rail. If you want to see what one of your front ends would do with that length rail, I can send it out so you don't have to cut the ones you have.

Joe likes this.
  14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m fine Jeff an thanks, the one I,m cutting is getting 10.75 for sure that,s a camo rail that matches our noxtrix camo riser that will make me around a 300.the other a stock 15-1/2 inch vortex rail that I can,t decide on but getting shorter for sure so it can wear matrix limbs. I keep thinking a 14-1/2 stroke ,strait riser like the one I made for my son an a fine reliable fast bow,but I have no need for it :p not thinking here :confused:before I cut it a lot shorter I will check an see if any need a longer rail instead of there shorter one. the 14-1/2 stroke ,strait riser,matrix limb bow makes on fine reliable power bow.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    jacol84 likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That would make a nice narrow bow for hunting with lots of power.

xcaliber likes this.
  16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Made up my mind as I called my son an asked him if he wanted any special length power bow out of the vortex bow rail I got from him . I said I would take his 14-1/2 inch ibex rail an make him whatever he wanted an he says he will keep what he got but wants a different trigger for it as I had it pretty good :rolleyes: one of them for me only but he had to have it o_O

I guess he needs to buy a used excal trigger as my extra trigger Sears are for lower power hairy target triggers an not high power bows. I,ll keep myself one high power bow that shoots heavy logs just in case of I don,t know what :rolleyes:

jacol84 likes this.
  17. Joe

Joe Active Member

Hay Frank
    I have to ask what are you trying to accomplish my friend . As you know i`m a speed freak :eek: faster is better with a bit of ( KE ) thrown in :rolleyes:
    Joe :)

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  18. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Just put the Matrix limbs on the 15 1/2" rail, right Joe?;)

19. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We had that no thanks :pmy main squeeze I,m making a short an sweet bow Joe around 300 fps that I can hunt an shoot a lot for fun that don,t break the back .I figure the 14-1/2 inch Ibex rail with a strait riser ,heavy strand string is somewhere inbetween a 380 an 405 ? strait riser seems to tame it an make a good reliable ,long stroke power bow I think from all my shooting it.

I just like alittle longer rail,power stroke on my power bows an It seems to be more accurate an forgiving for me shooting my longer arrows than most. Just like a handgun vs rifle ,they my be the same for accuracy but I will shoot the longer barrel more accurate an much more forgiving.(wall hanger a few shots a year an maybe a deer):p

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  20. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

My darn Love It Button is broke, AGAIN!:p

Oppie likes this.