Dialed in the 350 with some fixed blades

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Stalker, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

I am blessed and great full !

Got the new bow,and a new broad head target.

Then low and behold a good friend of mine got a deal on a dozen weight and spine matched Spynal Tapps.They were 22".He cut them down to 18" and sent me 6 as a surprise for Christmas:D

Dialed them in with 125gn field points today first. Total weight of 425 gns They shot great!

Then I decided to try some Muzzy 125gn Crosskills. I've had them for a few year and have never got them to fly very good.I've tried several different 20" shafts vanes etc.

They shot pretty darn good with the 18" Tapps with Sk 300 vanes.:eek::D

The first pic is with no scope adjustment after sighting in with field points.

The second is my #1 arrow sighted in at 20 yards.

I'm feeling truly blessed and great full! Thanks to all of you guys who have helped me out as well!

Got her dialed in for her first hunt tomorrow evening.:D 20171214_160736.jpg 20171214_164125.jpg 20171214_164315.jpg 20171214_164300.jpg

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

looking good! always feels good to have that pet arrow laying on the deck . looks like that new rigs a keeper :p

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Wouldn't want to be a deer in your woods.;)

4. Stalker

Stalker Member

Yep she's a keeper! I hope she can draw some blood tonight.

xcaliber, Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good luck! Twack a big one :) just for us!

xcaliber, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  6. robertyb

robertyb Member

The 350s like most of the Excals are not very arrow picky. They just shoot them lights out. :)
    I like my Tapps with the SK300s too.
    Go kill a big one.

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well nothing happening this evening. Darn nocturnalpoop:heads lol!

8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

It's hard hunting this time of year unless you have a food plot that is accessible, and not too pressured. The ladies bunch up pretty tight too this late, and lot's of eyes out for protection. This late I hunt well used fence lines, swamps, and thick cover if I can't hunt over food. Good luck! Mid day is pretty productive too!:cool:

Oppie and Stalker like this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

Wish I had all of those options Dan. I hunt a small 4-5 acre area , suburban deer.Very nocturnal when the leaves are gone.

10. robertyb

robertyb Member

Very true Dan. One of my buddies got a big doe yesterday out of a herd of 8 on my club that had just left a food plot heading for bedding cover. It is that time of the year.

xcaliber likes this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good Luck guys, xcalibur about summed up my late season plans. My neighbor, Farmer Chad still has a 3 acres of standing corn. That field is a big U shape with woods around the sides and the bottom. There was still fresh scrapes on the bottom side last weekend :).
    Farmer Chad & his family are doing a Live Nativity scene @ the farm this weekend complete with Live cows & Donkey, if y'all happen to be in the area.

xcaliber, jacol84 and 8ptbuk like this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Good Luck All. I have not been out for a while, just feeling like mashed poop the last week or so. Going out in the morning to a small hunt club strip of timber between 3 crop fields. Bow & crossbow only! It's about 46 acres of woods along a river bottom on the south side, should be good I hope. I have taken some big deer out of here, and almost all of them on a south / west wind according to my notes, and yep, south / west wind tomorrow morning!;)

Stalker and Oppie like this.
  13. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Kid changed the plans, LaSalle F&W area tomorrow, Muzzle Loader Pistol for me!:D:cool:

14. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Good luck, Dan. Not going to push "like" when you said you were feeling like mashed poop.

15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

It's cool. I work in a large manufacturing facility, and we are the training facility for upward bound managers. It's a tense environment for some, but I put in the time to get things right. That makes me indispensable in many ways. It's hard on my old bones, but I really prefer earning my pay over anything else. I'm running with young wolves all the time, and just don't have the MOJO I once had. Anyway, nobody beats me at home!;)

Stalker, Oppie and jacol84 like this.