Disaster Strikes!!!

Discussion in 'Middleton Crossbows' started by Munch007, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Munch007

Munch007 Member

While sighting the scope, I did a thing:( 20190404_111932.jpg
    A very stupid thing :( 20190404_113001.jpg

2. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Put me in a Pinto and back me into a wall! :mad:
    While sighting the scope with the laser I cocked the bow to get the string out of the way to lay my New arrow laser onto the rail. For some reason I manually locked out the ADF.
    Got interrupted by a phone call and when I came back to finish fiddling with it, removing my New sighter and thought ... Oh yeah! I can de-cock using the ADF and pulled the trigger
    ... forgetting of course that I switched it off ... FiretrUCK !!! :mad:

3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

:( I hate when that happens. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Munch007 likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Sorry to read this. Hope you get her back together soon, broken limb?

Munch007 likes this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,ve dryfired mine almost as much as I,ve shot them :confused::p never broke a Excalibur limb ,just splinters that happen a lot but never affected poi or made them unusable. son even dryfired a 14-1/5 inch stroke matrix limb ibex an never broke a limb ,he still hunts with it. just get some Excalibur limbs an no anti dryfire needed far as I,m conserned.

Munch007 likes this.
  6. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Yup, done blowed 'er up good :( 20190404_212117.jpg

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Your the president of the dryfire club now :oops: I served my time:p no problem you have a parts bow now ,guess that,s a necessity with middy limbs :rolleyes:

Munch007 likes this.
  8. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Lol ...
    Thankyou, I humbly accept this less than honourable position as president, and as my first official act
    I must clarify something ...
    It's my understanding that the information "Middleton limbs, you can even dryfire them no problem "
    is floating around out there ...
    These rumours are not true! and I have plenty of proof .
    On behalf of the current administration ...
    thankyou and goodnight
    ;)

9. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Nice thing about the Middleton ...
    if you got the right parts, limb jobs can be done without de-stringin ;) 20190404_230020.jpg just swap out the whole frontend.
    Almost choked tho! While I was tinkering I noticed to my horror what I thought were cracks in the tips 20190404_232524.jpg pretty sure they are mould marks 20190404_232626.jpg and the shadows are trying to screw with my mind ...
    Like the "Barstool Prophets" sing about ... Paranoia may destroy ya!
    ;)

xcaliber likes this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

oy vey, that's not pretty :eek:

xcaliber and Munch007 like this.
  11. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Lol ... that's exactly what the wife says when I get up in the Morning ;)

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  12. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Wouldn't be so bad if you could still get limbs.:rolleyes: The full length (36") limbs used to be pretty fool proof, especially on something as mild as a 330. With Derrick's limbs, it all comes down to when he made them. At times, he was cutting corners and rushing stuff out. If you look at the edges of the limbs, are they nice and straight, or wavy as heck? I have no more full length limbs, so I can't help you out. Another guy on C/N did the same, and tried to get Excal Exo limbs, which used to be easy to do. Apparently, Excal now requires you to send the old, damaged limbs to them before you can get replacements. SA Sports sells limbs for their Crusader recurve (225# @ 13.5"). They are under $100 US. The cracks at your limb tips look like cracks in the dip. The limb tips are pinned on.

Munch007 likes this.
  13. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Thanx jacol for the input. The edges of both sets seem pretty straight and smooth. The break is pretty clean and straight. I'm Thinking about trying some adhesive and a bolster of some sort. I see some experimentation coming in the future.
    And I will have to keep my eyes open for Excalibur limbs I guess ;)

Oppie likes this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I know a guy that has a extra set of the excal long limbs, if your experiments go south on ya :).

xcaliber, Munch007 and jacol84 like this.
  15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I've tried to epoxy split limbs back together. Don't waste your time.

Munch007 likes this.