Ever do this?

Discussion in 'Doing It Yourself - Crossbow Maintenance' started by Stalker, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

I was getting a good bit of fuzz/fraying where the bumpers were hitting the string. I was getting tired of waxing and rubbing it back down every few shots. So to keep the string as light as possible and protect it. I served the 2 spots with some small .017 serving I have for endless loop strings. 20180227_002049.jpg

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Not yet, but it doesn't look like a bad idea.:)

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

X2! I don,t use them except on my power bow an taking them off it. I see them as just another thing to effect arrow flight as there never perfectly even as the string hits them.

4. Stalker

Stalker Member

I was surprised how beat up the string was looking and figured I'd better put a stop to it!

xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  5. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Looks good !

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  6. robertyb

robertyb Member

I have a rope cocker that grabs strings a little and cut a strand on a string so I served about 3/4 inch where it was hitting and solved that problem. This is on my Scorpyd DS. Strange thing is I rubbed a cotton swab all over the side of the cocker that was causing the problem and no cotton came off at all so it has probably smoothed itself out after a few shots but I am unwilling to take a chance and see.