Excalibur Assassin ???

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by 8ptbuk, Jan 5, 2018.

1. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Anybody got any idea what the specs might be on this new Assassin ? Excalibur doesn't show most of the Matrix bows now....Guess there history ! Great bows !

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I did read a bit about them Mike. Built in silent crank, etc. That bow is probably going to be their flagship model, and most pricey. I'll sit it out for a while. Yep, all the Matrix models are gone except the cheapest one. I would have kept them on the tally for at least two more years if I owned the company. They have proven to be pretty solid performers, and after a few bugs got worked out, very solid on the durability list as well.

3. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

X2 Dan ! I'm not gonna give $1500 for a crossbow ! I'm afraid they're going to be out of my comfort zone !

xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, that 380 you have just got a whole lot of value added to it in my opinion.

5. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Thanks Dan ! Don't plan on it going anywhere ! Shoots 382 fps Avg. with 350 gr. arrow, 363 fps with 400 gr. hunting arrows. All I need ! And about all I can/want rope cock . Lol

xcaliber likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I wonder how many will choose 1500$ Excalibur recurve crossbows ,not on my list an don,t think will be on most hunters lists for the money .there,s some nice high dollar bows out there for that money . I could buy a nice lead thrower toy for that money. I guess most of my things are antique compared to the latest,greatest . heck I don,t feel handicapped shooting anything I have that shoots .

xcaliber and 8ptbuk like this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Hard to believe they would phase out the Matrix bows altogether.:eek: I guess I better call and get a few sets of blems while they still have some.

As far as the Assassin, I don't know. If someone really wants a recurve that is more compact with power, and doesn't want to cock the high draw weight, that concept may work better than the C2. After all the Ravin safety problems, I'm not thrilled with a sliding trigger box, but Excal's may work differently. I have more good recurves than I really need. Won't be buying a $1600 one with a built in crank and sliding trigger box.:rolleyes:

xcaliber and 8ptbuk like this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not liking most of what I read about them name,built in crank,moving unit ,price :confused: first I would get rid of the company person that named it an change the name as the left will like that as ammo to help ban crossbows:confused: I guess the KISS is gone an so will be many of there customers unless I,m missing something here.

jacol84 and 8ptbuk like this.
  9. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

I dont need cutting edge technology. The only bow I have that was bought new was my Barnett Raptor, the rest I picked up used. I'll let someone else spend $$$ on the lastest and greatest and then I'll pick it up on the cheap when its "outdated".

If their new line is starting in the $1K or greater range they are going to price a large number of consumers out of the game.

One can argue quality and reliability all day long but there are a lot of people out tbere that just can't or won't spend that much on a bow.

Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, quality & price offset one another sometimes. Heck if you can buy two and still be money ahead, why not?

Stalker, MI_Bowhunter and jacol84 like this.
  11. Stalker

Stalker Member

I just bought My most expensive Bow. $510! It came with lots of extra's! For me to spend $1500 on a bow it would have to be semi auto:eek::D.Unless I win the lotto!

xcaliber, jacol84 and MI_Bowhunter like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yepper, that's way out of my price range. I might have to scarf up some blem limbs myself, maybe Micro limbs.

xcaliber, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Us poor boys can,t afford to buy whole bows at today's prices :confused: sounds like a magnum micro build coming soon :oops::p

14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Just like a old beat up parts truck, with a Hemi under the hood :p. Maybe if I can scrounge up some some spare fun money a set of micro limbs would be fun to play with. Hmmmm, I do have a empty rail :D with nothing attached to it :p.

15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Evil Frankenbow design challenge!;)

I think Frank is winning that one, maybe you, Bruce. I worry too much about breaking stuff. If I were really crazy....jpg I put this together as a joke. Never tried to draw it. Projected out to around 350# @ 16.5". Would have needed a boat winch.;) Great way to splinter limbs.:rolleyes:

Your Micro build sounds fun. I bet you can do that for less than $1600.:D

xcaliber, Stalker and Oppie like this.
  16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

A real noxtrix with 16.5 stroke :confused::p I have a short cut off stock,old filed down forward riser that,s now strait you can have for your micro build :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I think Frank wins the insane xbow King title, I'm just the Joker :p.

18. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I never broke a set of Excalibur limbs yet. my high power tinkering is done an happy with what I have . no real hard to cock bows on my list as my vortex is my shooter now. I look forward to what you guys come up with . I get to see you guys builds,stalkers shooting ,so I don,t have to do anything but watch an enjoy :oops::p

19. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yeah, I have 4 risers, 5 triggers, 6 rails (10.75-13.5") 5 stocks, 2 sets of Matrix limbs, 3 sets of survivor Middleton limbs. One thing I've learned is that some combos just click. When I find those combos, I leave them together. Running out of crazy things to try, though Matrix limbs on the 13.5" rail would be fun, IF I bought a C-2. I am no longer strong like bull. Maybe if I can't get anodizing done reasonable, I'll just get a Vixen 2 rail from Danny Miller and build a beast.;)

xcaliber, Stalker and Oppie like this.
  20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I haven't cracked any yet just a minor splinter on one limb, clipped it off and away we go! I've been very happy with my matrix limbs.