Excalibur Assassin ???

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by 8ptbuk, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Has anybody seen the assassin yet? I couldn't find it earlier today .

2. robertyb

robertyb Member

Just a few pictures so far.

3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

In a day or two, there should be plenty of info on the Assassin, the new Ten Points, the new Camx, etc.

4. robertyb

robertyb Member

jacol84 likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Heck I,ll take a few at that cheap price :eek::p
    looks like a over accesserized turd to me :confused:

Oppie likes this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

But it's a polished turd poop:, they cost more $$$$ .

xcaliber likes this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! I guess all that fancy stuff going to make everyone a better shot an hunter :confused: they seem to have lost touch an not figured out most are hunters an not target shooters:confused: I could see if they maybe had a blue target model like that without all the crap :oops:maybe I,m old school an not keeping up with the times .

8ptbuk and xcaliber like this.
  9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

OK, so I'm a huge fan of Excalibur, but this will not make it's way into my stable. I'm just not sure where they're going.

Oppie likes this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sad part is the resale value poop:.

xcaliber likes this.
  11. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

xcaliber likes this.
  12. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

This advertisement cracks me up. Guess you have to make something sound better than it is, and the competition worse than it is, to sell something.:rolleyes: I think it's hilarious making a commercial for your new bow, showing people having trouble cocking your own other bows. Like watching an "As seen on TV" ad.:rolleyes:

13. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Bruce, I think those days are gone. Make sure that what you buy is what you want, and the cost is what you think is fair without thinking about resale value. Sad indeed.

Stalker, jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yea, archery products in general have always been a bad investment, unless your investing in outdoor fun time.

15. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Looks like it's got a sled on it ????? Am I right ???

16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep.

17. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Looked a lot like the Ravin setup. Flat cable connected to a moving trigger box. As one guy said on Crossbow Nation, Yuck! Hope it doesn't fire without pulling the trigger like a Ravin.:rolleyes: Oops, I forgot. That was user error, or using improper arrows or nocks that made them fire without pulling the trigger.:oops:

Now, Excal's new silent crank looks good. Might have to consider that.

18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Let's see what they sell for, i can deal with the clicking sound, just cock that baby in the parking lot before heading out! I'm hearing retail around $229 for that new gizmo.

8ptbuk likes this.
  19. robertyb

robertyb Member

You heard right. :eek:

20. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yeah, Dan. I was initially impressed, and I think it would be a good unit for a heavy draw recurve. You could keep the simplicity and light weight, and still get the silent cocking. I did read Robert's post on CN, I believe, where he said you could crank the C2 silently if you are careful. I did not know that. Wouldn't require the "retrofit" whatever either. Keeping my options open, but at this point, I'm leaning towards not making anything I can't rope cock. If the Patriot 380 can't kill it, maybe I shouldn't be hunting it.;)

Patriot, 8ptbuk and xcaliber like this.