Found my arrow... deer #6 with a delicate aluminum arrow.....

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Jack Pine, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Weather was great last couple weeks and most of our snow melted away. Found the arrow that killed deer #6 and it's pretty ugly, but still straight and ready for #7 next fall. Have to re-fletch though, some stupid rodent found blood on the vanes and chewed on them. This was the 2nd deer using the same broadhead, and after re-sharpening, I'll use the same head for #3. Not bad for a delicate aluminum arrow that carbon shooters say bend so easy. Cost me $3 to make this arrow, and hope to get many more deer with it. I sure do love my XX75s.
    DSC01004.JPG DSC01005.JPG DSC01008.JPG

I got lulled into thinking spring was here and took the snowblower off the tractor, but had to put it back on again when winter came back.

Oppie, Stalker, bbahunter and 2 others like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I remember you saying you were going to look for it later awhile back . Mean looking cut on the end of that arrow,an makes a big hole I bet. I like my xx75 also but have distroyed many of both carbon an aluminum . I distroyed more carbon by heating the tip an removing the inserts. that,s what I do best,distroy things :p

Jack Pine and xcaliber like this.
  3. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Gotta love spitfires, they get the job done. I wish i could go looking for sheds etc. but we just got 18" of snow. :eek:

xcaliber and Jack Pine like this.
  4. Stalker

Stalker Member

I had a critter of some kind find a arrow for me one time. I had shot a squirrel with a field point. Killed the squirrel but the arrow burrowed under ground and I couldn't find it.A few days later I was in the same area and there was my arrow on top of the dirt where I had been looking. Little teeth marks on the vanes like yours.

xcaliber and Jack Pine like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Put the torch down an walk away!

xcaliber, Stalker and Jack Pine like this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! I know I messed up when them little curly pig tails come out with the insert :oops::p

xcaliber, Stalker and Oppie like this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'd be lying if I said I never did that :p.

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yep, if stuff's epoxied in to a carbon, you're probably not getting it out with heat, without damage.:(

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

A buddy sent me 12 of these Game Getter II shafts. He seems to think the original GG shafts were not XX75 but a lesser quality.He's not sure about these. They seem as good as any XX75 to me. I cant find any info on them. Most of them are .002 if not better.Do you know anything about them ? I may have to email Easton 20180203_174000.jpg

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Same material as xx75 ,7075 alloy,different in straitness .006,wt. specks not as good , different pattern coating ,no super lites ,not as many sizes available ,no uni nocks available for them .lots say they bend easy an I always felt that also but ?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Oppie, Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  11. Stalker

Stalker Member

The Shaft weight specs are not bad.Within about 2.5 gns out of the 12 he sent maybe closer. Straightness wise their real good! Most are close to .oo1 none over .003. Spine deflection is real close as well. The 7 I've built fly great and I've notice no bending shooting at 20 and 30 yards a few at 7 yards through the chrono with the 60 gn inserts. Maybe the GG II's had better specs. They seem as good if not better than any Easton xx75 2219's I've had. Razors or Magnums.

Oppie likes this.
  12. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Man I must be old, I remember the original Gamegettters were an OD green and pretty soft; not as good as XX75, but I recently saw some GGIIs that said XX75 on them. I'm pretty sure Frank is correct on this, that the new GGIIs are the same material as the XX75. At least the ones labeled XX75 ought to be.

13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Same here. They bent an dented pretty easy.

14. Stalker

Stalker Member

Sounds like you guys and my buddy remember the same thing. When he sent them he said they'd be good for tree rats:eek:After the results I've got with them. I think he realizes they are different than what he remembers!:eek: He got a bunch of them in a trade for almost nothing. Some of the best shooting arrows I've ever shot with 60 gn inserts and field points.

jacol84 likes this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Mabye he meant 50yd head shots on tree rats :p

Stalker, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Lets just say back when Jimmy Carter was president and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, Those ole GG2 arrows was I could find & afford at the time :p :).
    I'm pretty sure there's still some buried in the weeds around here :). I never tired them with a crossbow but just might have to now.

Stalker likes this.