Frank is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Jack Pine, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

DSC00977.JPG I've looked for ways for several years to eliminate the heavy quivers that come with crossbows. At one time I thought I had the answer, but then a year or so back ran across a thread where Frank had stuffed a couple of arrows down the rail of his Excalibur, and it was an instant "Aha" moment. I fooled around with the idea and was able to get 2 arrows with Spitfire broadheads inside the rail. Works perfect for me and adds only the weight of the arrows, and no bulky quiver to get in the way. I've used Frank's method exclusively this past season, and have never even had to draw out an arrow for a 2nd shot. There is 1 little drawback; the arrows extend into the stirrup area and need to be taken out to cock or decock the crossbow, but with my bad shoulder, I've been using a crank and they stay in place without having to come out. Getting them out for cocking isn't a problem anyway, but I'm lazy! With a rubber band, they stay tight and secure; no rattling and no danger of losing an arrow. With the 2 in the rail and 1 on the rail, 3 arrows is more than I'll need at any one session. Thanks Frank!

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Take it easy with them vanes Cal, no more to be found!:(

Jack Pine likes this.
  3. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Darn things are tougher than iron Dan! Last time I bought some, I bought 300, so I'm good for quite a while yet. The only time I need more is when I lose an arrow. My "pet" arrow that I had killed 5 deer with, got #6 a couple weeks ago, but it was a passthrough again, and buried under the snow til spring. Same thing it did last year and I found it after the snow was gone. Still straight and with the same vanes. I think it will still be good when I find it next spring. Dang delicate aluminum anyways LOL.

xcaliber, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Like they say even a blind squirrel gets a acorn now an then :p now if we can just get you to use a rope stirrup,long Frankinbow rail,20 inch arrows :p

Jack Pine, Oppie, xcaliber and 2 others like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's what I like about this place, smart people sharing ideas an help with being bashed because you tried something a little different :D.

Jack Pine, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm almost out Cal. I have gone to the dark side, or light side maybe?? :confused: Got hooked on the lighted nock syndrome. Now I have a bit too much $$ into it to turn away.o_O:eek::cool: Anyway, in my opinion those were the best vanes ever made. Rear view of some I did a few years back.
    Zeon_1.jpg

Jack Pine and jacol84 like this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Same here, I like my little glowie nocks :D.

xcaliber likes this.
  8. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Naw, I hunted out of a chair blind this year and really appreciated the small size of the Micro. I had trouble even maneuvering the Micro inside the tiny chair blind, but I got er whupped now! I can still use a rope cocker, but I was just too lazy to take the arrows out and put em back in every time.

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'll have to check it out!