Freezer meat.

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Stalker, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

Finally drew some blood with the Sniper this morning.Good freezer meat.22yard shot with a Spynall Tapp and Swhacker 100gn 2" cut. Saw her drop after a short 30 yard dash.The arrow went another 20 yards or so after the pass through and was about 10" in the dirt.Lost 1 vane and bent 1 blade.Replaced them both and am ready for #2 0917170839a.jpg 0917170924b.jpg

Mathew57, Jack Pine and bbahunter like this.
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Darn Nice, congrats on the freezer filler! Yummy!:cool:

Stalker likes this.
  3. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

congrats, nice doe!

Stalker likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looking good! must have had one of them imaginary little dots behind her shoulder with that perfect hit :p

Stalker and bbahunter like this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Congrats, Paul. Way to get it started!

Stalker likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Congrats, Good job filling the freezer.

Stalker likes this.
  7. robertyb

robertyb Member

Well done. I love those swacker holes. :)

Stalker likes this.
  8. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thanks guys.I was really hoping a buck would come in with her.No such luck though.It took me a few minutes of watching her to talk myself into shooting.She was milling around eating green acorns Irma has put down.

9. Stalker

Stalker Member

X2. I cant seem to think of a reason to try or use another head.Other than the new stainless steel Swhackers having tougher ferrules.

I didn't really look for a blood trail since I watched her drop.I did take these pics of the arrow,head and 1" entrance right through a rib bone then the 2" exit clipping 2 ribs.

I also like the bend but pretty much dont break blades.I've had Rage and Nap blades break off in a foam target which doesn't make me feel very confident going through rib bones.But I have used both with success. 0917170833.jpg 0917170833c.jpg 0917170943b.jpg 0917170943f.jpg

xcaliber, bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  10. robertyb

robertyb Member

I have been shooting the 2" cut Swackers for years but recently bought some China made Rage Hypodermics with the rage extreme 2.3" blades in them. They make a big hole and I was hoping to have a deer pic by now to show but all the deer I have had a chance at had little fawns with them and now it is time to spend a month salt water fishing for me so maybe when I get home. :)

15044595719598162353.jpg

jacol84 likes this.
  11. Stalker

Stalker Member

I've used Rage 2" cut and nap Killzones with a 2"cut. Seems like both arrows slightly deflected on impact from the big entrance cut and neither was a complete pass through.Both were angled shots though and the bows were not the fastest. 265FPS-16 yards with the rage 295 fps 14 yards with the Killzone.

Then I shot the Nap Foc 170gn 3"cut heads at 300fps.I got them on sale for $15.I killed 1 and the 3" cut wasn't like pics I've seen.Slowed the arrow down too much for my liking.Then I switched to The Swhacker 2" 100gn. I think this was deer #7 head #4 I bent the ferrule on head #3 pulling it out of a tree with a hammer after a pass through last season lol. Bent ferrules after pass throughs is my only complaint.Thats why I'm interested in the new stainless steel version.

jacol84 likes this.
  12. Stalker

Stalker Member

More meat and finally a little bone! First shot I have had at a buck in this spot for last 6 seasons. Their very nocturnal in this little urban spot.

100gn Swhacker again 24 yard shot with the Sniper 370. He went about 35 yards. 20171105_094330.jpg 20171105_103222.jpg 20171105_112011.jpg

bbahunter likes this.
  13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Congrats! That,s one nice bloody hole! never shot a swacker but son gave me 2 , steels the way to go for me . them bone heads drag easier when you have that handle to hold on too :p

Stalker likes this.
  14. Stalker

Stalker Member

Yeah the handles where nice but he weighed a good bit more dragging up the steep hill.

That was the second deer for that head and arrow. Their both ready for #3

15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Congrats, Paul. Great shot and short trail. Well done!

Stalker likes this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Congrats!

Stalker likes this.
  17. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

Congrats!! I see a camera mounted, where the video?

18. Stalker

Stalker Member

Once I saw horns I forgot all about it and never pushed the button.I did get one of the first Doe this season but didn't want to put it on youtube.Nothing to write home about though.

jacol84 and MI_Bowhunter like this.
  19. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

I understand. I've had a camera mounted for the last three deer and a two turkeys, forgot to turn it on for all but the last deer. LOL

Stalker likes this.