Game Getter Video.

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Stalker, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

Its been a while since I made a Video. So I decided the Game Getter II's were worthy. It was kinda windy and once all my chores were done and it was time to have some fun my back started acting up:eek::( so this was it! Not too bad though. I know I've beaten these arrows to death on here but they sure fly good!:D

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Nice shooting!

jacol84 likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

X2! Hitting 4 dots at 30yds with 4 different arrows is good shooting anytime !

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  4. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thanks.Probably that high quality string I have on that bow!:D

xcaliber, Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Maybe, but I don't shoot that good!:eek::cool::D

Oppie and Stalker like this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Your not going to bullsh-- us Dan we seen your off hand shooting :oops::p

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

I made 3 more to go with those 4 today.

Then I drilled out the back of 4 ,60gn inserts to add some weight with screws. Then I removed the 92 gn brass inserts I had in the 15.5" 2219's that didn't fit right and put these in.Lightened them from 350 down to 335. We'll see how they shoot.

Since I'm out of nocks again! I put some lighted Omni nocks I've had for a couple of years in them and a 125gn head on. They weigh in at 480 gns Chronoed at 312fps.Raining here so I haven't shot them yet.Probably wont fly good but they look cool:D 20180225_184012.jpg 20180225_174939.jpg 20180225_142842.jpg 20180225_184136.jpg 20180225_184012.jpg 20180225_185205.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  8. Stalker

Stalker Member

Shot the 3 new ones today. Grouped as good as I was shooting at 30 yards.They're the 3 on the bottom. 20180226_145453.jpg
    I also bought my very first field point target today:eek: Yep I spent $27.99 on a field point target!!! Got it at Academy Sports and Outdoors.It says crossbow approved on it! 24"x 24" Shot it a couple of times at 7 yards in the basement. Stopped the Sniper with a 425gn at 350fps so it works.I plan on using it at longer ranges when I go to my daughters and other spots I can stretch out. 20180226_133754.jpg

jacol84 likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

All look good! I like working with the aluminum so much better than the carbon .

10. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well I shot these a few time yesterday and things went hay wire again! Wiggling the scope with my hand proved to change my poi about 2.5".Took everything apart again! The trigger was tight! So it has to be the guardian or the rings.I'm almost positive its not the scope now.

I've tried flat torx heads on the guardian and they strip just like the button heads.This time I got 3/8" socket heads and lock washers! They seem to clear the latches fine just cocking it but I haven't shot it yet. I also ordered some better rings. Hopefully with loctite and lock washers and heads that dont strip they will stay tight. 20180228_101126.jpg

xcaliber likes this.
  11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Crossbows are a good test for everything ! Sometimes I think just get the big hammer an be done with them :p

Stalker likes this.
  12. robertyb

robertyb Member

I always secure those 4 little screws with a dab of fingernail polish. I stripped a couple that were loctited in so went with the fingernail polish after having one of the screw work loose. No problems with loose screws since and they are easy to remove if necessary.

13. Stalker

Stalker Member

You need one of them low maintenance compounds!:p:eek::D Seems like its always something with this recurve!:D. I think the socket heads loctite and lock washer will do the trick.No worry's about getting them off if need be either.

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I havn,t found anything some heat won,t break loose ,I use JB weld on about everything after cleaning good . never seize,JB weld on things I may want to come loose an not come loose,nail polish on my gun screws.i,m one of them that should only be allowed a stick bow with a string :p

Stalker likes this.
  15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Guardian with flat head screws.jpg

Different ways to skin a cat. I have been countersinking the holes and using flat head screws with loktite for a while now. Never had one come loose, or a scope mount move.

Stalker likes this.
  16. Stalker

Stalker Member

I tried those first.I didn't counter sink them though.It was a pain to get them to the right length cutting and grinding.I was worried about cross threading or stripping the threads in the trigger.In the end I stripped 2 of the torx heads with just a screw driver type torx.

I'm not sure if it was them that loosened or the rings. I used loctite on both.Very well could be the skinny little rings moving.I had the same type of issue on my sniper with the same model scope and little rings.I got bigger rings and the problem was solved.I ordered new ones that will be here next week sometime.

17. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Finger nail polish makes a damn good thread locker! Ever try to get one of those caps off that got petrified? :eek:dead:

18. robertyb

robertyb Member

Yep. I throw it away and go to the dollar store. It is $1 a bottle there.

xcaliber likes this.
  19. Stalker

Stalker Member

Finally got the new rings and installed them tonight.They have a wider foot and should do the job. One has a small pic rail that will come in handy for flash lights. Haven't shot with them yet. Hopefully the socket head screws and new rings will solve the sudden poi changes. 20180306_184326.jpg 20180306_183121.jpg 20180306_183334.jpg

jacol84 likes this.
  20. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well I got the scope sighted in with the new rings and socked head screws. Was still a little windy but not too bad.Everything seems good.I decided to make a sequel to the first video with all 7 GG II's. 4 of the 7 were a little high. I might have to turn the speed dial up a hair :DI almost choked on the last shot lol! Hats off to my buddy James for the shafts and Jeff for the vanes.

Jon Erdmann and jacol84 like this.