Getting about time

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Masboy, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Won,t be long as MD comes in sept 7 an sons been trying to talk me into getting a MD license this year. I been helping everyone get there crossbows ready for some hunting. son was down today fine tuning the old vixtrix for the opener.he been talking about getting a ten point for sometime as he really likes them . Son brought down a red dot that came on his S&W performance center 44 mag an it would not fit the spacing on the Excalibur scope mount with it,s 2 fixed in place mounting screws .i could have filed another groove like I,ve done before but have others.

I got my new vortex venom mount in the mail today but done installed it on my browning buckmark for now.the old mount would only fit the larger groove of the pickney rail ,but this new base fits the smaller weaver base also. still waiting on my EOTech to return from warranty fix an may install it or a scope for her. i just asked her what she would like on it an she responded ,(scopes are fine but red dots are easier for me) I guess it,s red dot :p

2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Good for you, Frank. I got my friend set up to hunt crossbow for the first time. Haven't seen his neighbor's property yet, but he says it has lots of deer. Got a 5c doe tag today, so we should have some venison. Had some issues with my rigs that I thought were all set, but I think I have it figured out now.:rolleyes:

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

It,s hard to leave these bows alone ,kind of like grown up Legos :p I guess we just tinker with them because we can ,sometimes making them better an other times worse :rolleyes: sure is fun an I just smile when some say you can,t tune a crossbow :p

jacol84 likes this.
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yep, I agree. Last week I put together a 300 fps combo just to test arrows/broadheads to match my friend's setup. Then put a longer rail on it for 340+ because I really need a 3rd bow setup just in case.:rolleyes: #1 and 2 are hitting a 2" spot every time with Spitfire double cross or Truglo Titanium X, so I guess we are as ready as we're gonna get setup wise.