Ghost Blind

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by xcaliber, Nov 28, 2017.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Picked one up for you know who for Christmas. I love this time of year.:D I did get my wife a little something already fellas. :p Anyway, I'm getting too old to walk through muck & mire, then trim as I climb, etc. The inlaws farm lends itself to a bit different hunting style. It's thick, wet, and just the perfect bedding place for wary deer. I set this blind up for the first time hoping for a nice buck, or fat doe. I had three small bucks come in, and one bruiser, but he stayed in the neighbor's food plot, so i did not send him a .44 magnum bullet. Anyway, this thing is light, sets up in 3 minutes, comfortable as all get out. Here is a picture at 7 yards, and one from the back side to show just how cozy it is. Deer had no clue I was in their bedroom!

GB_Back_Side.jpg

GB_2.jpg

FINN, jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  2. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

Nice, it blends in well.

xcaliber likes this.
  3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Nice Ghost Blind, and the property looks great too! Good luck there.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks Jeff, there are a ton of deer traveling through, and bedding in here. I have seen 3 shooter bucks so far, but nothing within range on our side of the line! It's very hard to get to the south end of this place without trespassing right now, but after the season ends we're going to remedy that problem!;)

jacol84 likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Nice looking place to hunt for sure. That's my style of hunting, I'm a ground pounder.

jacol84, MI_Bowhunter and xcaliber like this.
  6. FINN

FINN Member

That thing looks sweet, been thinking about one of them for couple years now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

xcaliber likes this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

FINN, this thing amazes me at how it disappears. I have been looking at these for three years, I ain't getting any younger my friend. ;)

Oppie likes this.
  8. FINN

FINN Member

I hear ya, be real nice on days when the wind decides to switch mid-hunt. I may have to get one before next year, I get their specials.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

xcaliber likes this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It's always swirling an shifting around here in the hills, I like to be portable an change with the wind

xcaliber likes this.