Gobbler Stoppers.

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Oppie, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

If I can get set-up where I want to I'll be okay, but the birds almost never cooperate with my plans.

18" arrows @ 25yrs.

P1220780 (2).JPG

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

WoooHooo! The sun peaked out this afternoon and they started gobbling an talking. I could hear birds everywhere for a couple minutes then it started snowing and killed the mood, they shut right up again.

gobbler screwed.jpg

Stalker, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Looks like you're shooting pretty good there! Good Luck with the thunder chickens.

Oppie likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds good! things are looking up as birds are starting to talk. out this morning testing some arrows while it,s calm ,then I heard the gobbles coming from the ridge across the field in front of my home.

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Managed to get out Wed. morning and this morning and now I remember how bad gobbler's get to me :DYesterday the hens didn't approve of my decoy so they flagged the game and went the other way with gobblers right behind them.
    This morning had two strutting real nice, only a hundred yrs away :D, then the Hens showed up :eek: an took them, another gobbler made a pass by on his way to neighbors fields gobbling all the way. Heard one over the hill double & triple gobbling a long ways away :confused:. Lost my eyeglasses, found them later in the morning when I moved my blind closer to the strutting area :). Good times :D:D.