Good Excal CS

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Stalker, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

Sent my Deadzone scope back to Excal last week.The speed ring was way off.I dropped a note in with it asking if I could be upgraded to a Tact zone scope and pay the difference. I got a Email today saying it had been shipped and that was it.I got my fingers crossed its a Tact zone. Its supposed to be here by Thursday night.Great turn around no matter what they send.

Jack Pine, xcaliber, 8ptbuk and 2 others like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

They have junk scopes as all mine have been returned for replacement , got tired of sending the junk back to get new junk . got to say the warranty is top notch thow :oops: good luck!

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

I didn't care for the Dead Zone ret.Covered up my dime size dots at 30 yards.Thats why I am hoping they send a Tact Zone.

I have my Hawke 1.5-5 on it now and its the same way. Its fine for hunting but for shooting dots not so much.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have never had a problem with any of their scopes, maybe because I got rid of them when they were pretty much new.:p:eek::cool:

I agree Frank, it's not the service, it's the frustration of it all. dead:

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I guess I should have not judged them as harsh ,as I have distroyed every scope I have every had on a crossbow for sometime no matter what brand :confused:. but they are still junk :p

6. robertyb

robertyb Member

I must be lucky cause my old Varizone on my original Vortex is still going strong after all these years. I did have a Tact Zone go bad and immediately swapped it out for a Leupold thru Danny. I have a brand new in box Dead Zone scope never mounted in the closet. Probably sell it still new someday or put it on a bow I am selling.

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well Thursday didn't pan out like UPS saido_O:(.Now their saying tomorrow/Fridayo_O:rolleyes:

8. Stalker

Stalker Member

It came Friday.I guess I should have asked about a upgrade when I put in for the RMA.They sent a Dead Zone.I'll sell it or keep it as a backup. I'm open to offers guys:D

9. robertyb

robertyb Member

10. Stalker

Stalker Member

From what I've seen of the rets on those they look thick like my Hawke xb1.5-5. I'm looking for something that wont cover up a 1/2"dime size dot at 30 yards with the mag I'm shooting. My Horton/Hawke ss320's fit the bill but are just long.Looking for something more compact. I may try a Sightmark core. I've heard they have fine rets and great glass.