Got new broadheads today....

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Jack Pine, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Bow season back in today, so I want to hunt with Baby Huey. Have a bunch of the Spitfire Magnums like the one on the left. 170 grains of pure stainless steel. Absolutely indestructible except for an occasional blade that is easily replaceable. Shoots around 307 out of Big Huey, but only about 295 out of Baby Huey, so I wanted to get a 100 grain Spitfire. 100 grains shoots 315 or so out of Baby Huey. Was a little disappointed that the body is aluminum instead of steel but I'll give em a chance. Massive 2" cut! If the rain lets up a little, I'll shoot for flight, and if they fly as good as the 170 grain Spitfires, I'm going to sit in the blind this afternoon.
    DSC00724.JPG

glassman_48, OldschoolBH and jacol84 like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

They look good! I ,ve never shot a spitfire but love a steel head an didn,t know they made one .I like to practice with the real thing an don,t think there,s a blade out there that can,t be damaged.

3. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Archery...hash=item20f9708215:m:mJS8IPoSKdsWpGeoR4N85NQ
    These are the all stainless steel ones Frank. They are actually as affordable as they are tough. DSC00725.JPG DSC00726.JPG
    Fired 4 shots at 40 yards and it started raining/snowing again. First 2 in the same hole. Made a scope adjustment that was too far right, brought it back some and it's within 1" at the 40 yards. Sorry no pix for the last 2 shots but didn't want the camera out in the rain.

OldschoolBH likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Good shooting! I checked them out an going to have some of them. no brass insert needed an 1-1/4 plenty of cut for me .I plan to stuff my rail with a couple spares with the heads on an I will make them fit.

Jack Pine likes this.
  5. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Frank, your idea of attaching the rail and riser without that long bolt sounds to me like it will work fine. After season, I'm going to try it myself.

6. OldschoolBH

OldschoolBH Member

Nice BH Cal! I shoot the Spitfire Edge 100gr 1.75 and they are killers and shoot exactly like my FPs.

7. sruffer1

sruffer1 Member

nap makes the sling b lade 1/7/8 cut they fly very good and make a nice hole the new double cross has a sling blade front shot a bear with each of these heads both worked well i have shot a sling blade into my blog target at least 50 times has not broke ye blades reverse when it comes out nice shooting jack

OldschoolBH likes this.