Great deal cabelas

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Feb 5, 2018.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yep, couldn't use the snow blower on the 2" of slushy ice. Feeling old this morning.:(

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Oppie likes this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That sucks. I'm late getting out there today. My one neighbor has a long driveway I didn't plow yesterday, it's not going to fun to plow him out today. At least it's wide open with room to move around an push the snow out of the way.

3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Savage makes a great barrel, and trigger in my opinion, you will be very happy.

Oppie likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m not going to be happy not buying one here:p I like old used ones :p

5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

They've sold a lot of the Axis models, for a while it seemed like everybody was getting one. We have a Savage .243 with a brushfield scope that I gave my daughter several yrs ago, it's a shooter, it might be a model 110? Shes mangled the stock on it, it looks ugly now but still shoots.

xcaliber likes this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I like ugly guns, they've been used!:cool::p

Oppie likes this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My son got his girl friend a axis 243 with the scope package that,s a 100$ weaver.the gun was a shooter an the cheap weaver scope put some of mine to shame an I was impressed with the clarity of it.

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It was easier for me to buy my daughter her own rifle than let her beat mine up, besides, a guy made me a deal I just couldn't refuse :p. Think I brought home a shotgun reloader that day also :p.

xcaliber likes this.
  9. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Still have my dad's old Savage 110 in .243. I'm not really shooting guns a whole lot these days. When my youngest was still in High School and on the rifle team, we took the 110 over to our club's 200 yd range. Shooting dad's old favorite load, the kid shot a 1 3/8" group with a crappy 3-9 Simmons scope, and the gun has probably a 5-5.5# trigger. They sure do make good barrels.:D

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My brother had a Savage 110 in 30-06 way back when and it was a shooter, he could reach out touch critters with it, until his son sold it :( and a couple of other firearms :eek: for reason I'll never know about. We could shoot clay pigeons at 200 yds with it, I was shooting my 25-06 and he trying to keep up with me :p :D.

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Some of the hardest things we do in life are for our kids, don't ask me how I know that please.

jacol84 likes this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I was at the gun shop today on this rainy day with my 89 year old uncle that I shoot his guns for him quite often. he,s really slowing down an barely getting around but enjoys going an looking around. they had a nice old Winchester model 53 lever gun in 25-20 but 1295$ . My uncle said he killed his first 2 deer with a lever 25-20 . I heard of them but never seen one or seen the shells. this gun shop our friend works at is called collectors gun shop an get in some really old nice guns that I never seen before but high$$$$$.

Oppie, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I love those old firearms, they have such character & appeal to a older geezer like myself who know looks don't mean spit. I have my grandfather Frank's antique Remington Model 4, single shot rolling block rifle in 32 Rimfire, has a 24” octagon barrel. Some of the bluing is worn off the barrel just ahead of the receiver behind the sight where he carried it, shes got nicks an scrapes but no rust. I have it hung over the office door never to be fired, plus .32 rimfire is dam scarce.

Not mine but the same model

model 4.jpg

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.