Heads up on a pellet grill steal...

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Jack Pine, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Last week, happened to be in Menard's and saw that they had Pit Boss pellet grills marked down from $299 to $229, so I went ahead and bought one. PLUS they happened to have an additional 11% off that particular week, so it came out to just over $200 for the Pit Boss PB340. They might still have them in your local area maybe. Yah, it's weird to buy a grill in the middle of winter, but I do crazy stuff like that all the time to save a few $. Bought the snowblower for my tractor last July LOL!
    Used this grill a few times already and I love it! Cooking area is 15 1/2 X 22, way bigger than I need for just me and Mrs. Pine, and it has a couple of "smoke" settings, one for "cool smoke" and one for "hot smoke", and heat settings all the way up to 500 degrees. Amazing how accurate it holds its heat settings, even with the weather in the teens here. Ya know ya want one, at this price, there's no excuse now!
    Jack

Oppie, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds like a great grill ! I cook on my little cast weber grill that,s sitting on my porch all winter ,when I can afford meat. wife keeps spending all our money on lottery tickets ,guns so meats hard to come by for this poor hunter that,s too lazy too shoot anything anymore :confused::p

Oppie likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My neighbor's hardware store had some kind of pellet grills they were trying to get rid of before Christmas for $175 I think, they had 4 and nobody was buying them?? They were something they found in one of the storage building's and wanted to move em. I scarfed up a new pellet stove they've had sense 2009 still in the box, grills are still there :):)

Jack Pine likes this.
  4. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Wow! I'd buy another one at that price. I've been racking my brain for a way to heat a small greenhouse so I could get garden plants started in Feb - March, and that grill would be perfect, plus I could always use it for a .......grill.

Oppie likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

For sure that would do double duty. Who knows, they might even ship one to you. They like to work with people. They are a family owned saw mill hardware store that's on the third generation and the fourth is coming on quickly. With a dozen or so building's they have crap squirreled away they don't even know they have.