Hit rock bottom

Discussion in 'Crossbow Accuracy - Sights & Optics' started by Masboy, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Well I went an did it ,ordered 2 Bushnell crossbow scopes an my heads hanging low blaming it on Dan,Bruce as they are bad influences o_O also ordered a set of warne quick detachable rings that I have no shame ordering for my 460 S&W,just in case I need to reach out an touch something with other than my open sights I keep on it. I will just keep my leupold ringed up ,sighted in . I figure if there junk I can get old satisfaction out an get some pleasure from a Bushnell product :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    xcaliber, Oppie, 8ptbuk and 1 other person like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Your not the first person to tell me that :p

Stalker, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Sorry Frank, but we love dragging other down with us. :p

Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

We'll let Frank the destroyer play with them :p.....

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Kind of excited to try these out :oops: heck there throw always for that price an no return shipping charges, hammer needed:rolleyes:

Stalker, Oppie, jacol84 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I thought the same thing, why not try one for that price.

Stalker, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My scope does need a wrap of tape on the the focus ring to keep it locked in place and that's just me bumping the eye piece scope cover & moving it. The focus ring isn't real tight at all, maybe a dab of Goop :D instead of tape...

jacol84, bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

how about a light tap with the hammer :p

Oppie, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Frank, put the hammer down!:eek::D

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

ruger keeps sending me notices on a recall on my mark IV :rolleyes: thinking about getting most of the pieces together out of my junk pan an sending it back,would like to see the look on there face when they open the box :eek::oops::rolleyes::p:D

jacol84, xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  11. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Gotta love that goop Bruce, especially marine grade goop. :D

jacol84, xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It's the Duct tape of the glue world!

jacol84, xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yea, what he said!
    If I take the scope cap off it would be fine, but when it's open I'll find a way to bump it & move it somehow.

xcaliber likes this.
  14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s ok as I love the quick focus ,adj with your fingers an no coin needed. so guess not all modern things are bad:oops: still waiting an got no shipped email yet :mad:

15. Stalker

Stalker Member

I've got some flip up scope caps.I prefer the bungee type. Like you knocking it out of focus or just the vibration and noise at the shot. Then on some of my scopes the brim of my cap hits them. They look cool but seem to be more trouble than there worth to me.

16. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I remember my first set of Butler Creek flip up caps. My friend, who managed a gun shop, said they didn't spook deer if you flipped them up. Why I was gullible enough to believe that at the time, I don't know. :oops: Opening day, I was sitting in a miserable sleet/freezing rain storm (1981). Finally, here comes a buck (legal at the time, though only a 3 pt.) Maybe 60 yards away, but he heard the caps flip up and skedaddled.:rolleyes: Just a little buck, but on that cold, miserable day, it would have been something to keep me warm.;)

Stalker likes this.
  17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My uncle has cut them from inter tubes long as I can remember .

18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm hitting mine with my hat brim and I know just transporting it will get moved. I'll end up with the bungee type or inner-tube if I have any left and use the flip ups on one of my rifle safe dweller's.

We've all been there, Gun shop guys know they can lighten our wallets with a smile on our face :).

19. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Kind of disappointed that I've heard nothing from Natchez on my order that was placed sat . said I would receive a email when shipped ,nothing so far an don,t think I will ever order anything else from them :(

Oppie likes this.
  20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I think they shipped mine the next day after I placed my order, then it landed in NJ. when a Nor-easter came through an stopped for a bit, think it took a week anyway.