Hunting property

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

looking forward to having our own property to hunt ,a rifle range as my sons buying a big historic home with a woods a few miles from here an wants the wife an I to sell our home an go in with him.he has his sold an waiting on the buyers to get a settlement date an my oldest sons buying ours so that didn't,t take long. property has 2 creeks running thru it with a cabin out back with plenty of copper heads we hear an we killed one inside the cabin when we first went to look at it , no fear of snakes here as we played with them as kids an got bit many times from blacksnakes. the seller is my sons friends dad as the property was his friends grandfathers .there farm joins this property with some big deer there . hope to be in by Christmas if all goes as planned an things are looking good so far.

2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Moving off the river :eek: ? All though living in the sticks with your own land is pretty darn cool, I wouldn't trade it for love or money :). The snakes will move on when people start moving in on em cause they just want to be left alone or get shot :p.

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not far maybe 5-6 miles away so all good here ,with no worries,responseabilitys as a home owner as I will let my son take care of everything:rolleyes::p

Jackel, Oppie, xcaliber and 1 other person like this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Darn good luck to you Frank! Nothing but the best of wishes, and i know you'll be in good hands.

bbahunter likes this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Sounds really nice, Frank. Love the sound of it. Hope it makes the whole family happy.

xcaliber likes this.
  6. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Member

Sounds Nice ! Best of luck Frank .

xcaliber likes this.
  7. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Good on ya Frank!

8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

And now to pack up all your toys :D.........

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

not that much as I will leave my son plenty of junk an a furnished house as he,s single :D. not much furniture worth taking after feeling like we ran a animal rescue center as all the animals took over it .just tools,boat ,guns,bows ,cycle an the few rags I wear :p found out that there's lots of turkeys there also so I will be in pig heaven . It,s bad when you have to sell to get rid of the mother in-law :rolleyes::D

xcaliber, Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  10. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

So, just the important stuff, eh?

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Hey, I only live 10-15 miles from the river even though it takes me half hour to 45 min to get there from here :p, But I get to go through world famous
    Camptown ( Camptown ladies sing dis song, Doo-dah! doo-dah! ), it takes forever to get to the river from here.
    Turkey's are cool, I have a hen an a bunch of little ones hanging out here, they came out today.

Be great to have the boys helping an watching out for you an help keep you on the straight & narrow........

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'd sure hate to think about moving all my tools an toys ;), guess I'm just to comfortable where I am.

xcaliber likes this.
  13. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I hate to think about packing up my tools & toys! Just reading about made me break out in the sweats.

14. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi.........

Frank is living the dream of many hunters.......you're a blessed man !

As others stated, packing my stuff would drive me crazy :)

enjoy your new home and

be safe

Stan

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That he is :D. With no Mother-in-law room, Frank is moving into his dream home.

jacol84 likes this.
  16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

We chased a mother hen an a bunch of little little turkey's out of our garden this morning before they got to my tomatoes :p

jacol84 likes this.
  17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Will be my sons home an he,s in charge ,the wife an I are just paying guests of somekind :p . wife will be in charge of cleaning,yard work an me of keeping the deer, turkeys population in check when not shooting,fishing :p

Use to see a old hen with little ones years ago but not in a long time. same with pheasants an only see them now when they stock them .

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  18. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Hope your new neighbors don't get to excited by the sound of gun shots :p. Still hear shots quite often out here an nobody pays any attention unlike a lot of neighborhoods around the country. Somebody on the next hill over had something firing on full auto over the weekend, But I know nothing! Didn't hear a thing!

jacol84 likes this.