Huntings been tuff

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Masboy, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Out the last three mornings an have seen 1 deer that was a buck with both horns broke off . warm here an just not moving when I get to hunt I guess. getting colder this weekend so hope things get better.

2. Brubaker

Brubaker Member

Been slow here to.

3. bow

bow Member

hope things turn around for you lads, chin up!.. PMA and stuff... sending good vibes..
    hoping to see some good pic's..
    take care out there, its very warm here to for November. hoping for some frost, to go flounder fishing

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I love flounder fishing as it,s my favorite to catch,eat.
    I may get the kids pumpkins out on the porch an become a pumpkin killer :p I shoot all year an sure would like to shoot something! next year I don,t think I will be passing up small bucks,doe . now I,m ready to wack anything but they seem to know this an keep low profile. this evening baby sitting is sure hard on a evening hunter that don,t see squat in the mornings where I hunt.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    bow likes this.
  5. bow

bow Member

their like dinner plates this time of year, love fishing for them, yea fav fish to eat.. they love the maddies.. the more bling on the rig the better..

mon the pumpkings, get slaying!!.. was to late carving mine, so thought shoot them.. happy days

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Today's the day for me Nov 7 an many deer have fell on this day an this week should be great for hunting. it,s time an I get to evening hunt tonight ye ha!!!!!!

7. TheHammer

TheHammer Member

Slow here in ohio too due to the 75 degree weather
    Good luck with the hunt tonight.Hopefully the cooler weather will get them moving.
    If nothing happens tonight ,try getting out in the morning while its cooler.
    You cant killem sitting on the couch.

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Seen 3 doe in front of me tonight but no buck :( other son on the other side of the field from me seen 5 doe an 1 buck a small 6 that was chasing a doe in front of his stand. other son back in the woods behind me seen none. Exciting just seeing the doe an thinking as it stepped out of the thicket that a buck would be next to come but didn't happen. back at it mon morning for sure.

9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have passed on 3 small bucks, and then went dry. I see dozens of deer daily by my house, and you can't hardly run them off, but NO HUNTING! It's OK to run them over though!:confused::mad::eek:

10. Patriot

Patriot Member

Warm weather and lots of acorns....been slow here as well.

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Out this morning an 34 degrees an a beautiful morning an no wind. not a thing till 8.00 then seen one coming out of the thicket 60yds. away. could not tell what it was but headed away from me so a couple soft calls with no response. then 15 minutes later I see another deer the same place only this time I see horns.
    it,s coming on an angle an got within 40 yds. of me an I see it,s not a big rack but I would have wacked it if I had a clear shot but was a little to thick for a sure kill so passed. in MD so allowed two archery bucks . out this evening to try again :p

Patriot likes this.
  12. Patriot

Patriot Member

It's raining pretty steady here this afternoon and 45 degrees, I am headed out in a little while....deer still feed in the rain. Gortex is a keeper.