I am looking forward to this..

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Vital Limits, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

Firenock 125 SS Dagger on a Monster X bolt.. Very tough broad-head.

dagger mon.jpg

2. Stalker

Stalker Member

I'm afraid to ask what Dorge wants for 1 of those heads.

Vital Limits and bbahunter like this.
  3. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

They are the same price as Tramuhawks.. I shot them on vertical bow, but going to run them on bolts too.. I would say as long as your not shooting concrete, asphalt, steel i-beams you should get many shots out of the same head..

4. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

Firenock head 1.jpg This is the interesting head he has coming, or parts of it..

5. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

The New head just popped up on page tonight.. Looks killer

firenock 77.jpg

xcaliber likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Kind of looks like a ramcat,if it cuts,flys like one could be a great head.

Vital Limits and xcaliber like this.
  7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Probably twice the price as a Ramcat. Looks like they have short little blades.From that pic it looks like 3/4"cut?

xcaliber likes this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I would like to see the specs. on it.

9. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

Its an expandable head,, 3/4 I think as the start still able to cut and will open to 1 3/8 Blade.. From what I understand the head is build-able, change the tip and go from 75gn, -100 and maybe a 125 gn. I do think there is another blade option that might come out as well.. The price I think is in the $42 range for 3 head . On the Firenock fan page I think that comes with twice as whats needed not sure though.

The idea behind the head unlike some other mechanical heads the scissor back which causing energy loss these heads basically cut there way open from contact.. Basically this looks to be a mechanical head that that in a sense performs like a fixed head.. Firenock mentioned in comments that the head is designed to fly at speeds of 550 fps..

10. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

From Firenock fb page..

" SwingBlade™ is done!! We got the production sample of the 7075 AL and stainless bodies for them today. It is going to be 75 grain and 100 grains +/- 1 grains for each of them respectively. There are going to be at least 2 blades for them to start. The Falcon blade is what is shown in all the pictures below. The Raptor blade will be demonstrated in ATA. When it in flight, it is 3/4" at the widest point and just over 1 3/8" (35mm) when fully opened. What do you think about our first attempt at a mechanical head? We plan to have some for sale by the 3rd week of January 2108. "

" Firenock It is meant to be used on Aerovanes. So we shall utilize the torque that Aerovane provides for blade deployment. Rotational mass plus forward momentum, plus single bevel grind EQUALS to spiral cut with minimum loss of energy. Not to mention it is meant to used on archery projectiles that can be as high as 550 fps and still fly true. Guess not many other broadheads can claim that!! "

" Firenock there will be 55gn 125gn 150gn and 175gn in the near future. It is a modular system! So only parts of it need to be changed! Imagine when one has a body that is 25 gn heavier than the stainless body or a head that is 25 gn lighter than the current head in titanium. or another nastier looking head that is 25 heavier than the current head. It is head, body, and BLADE... I shall hold back on the blade for now. What is in immediate need for my AeroConcept 2.0 customer is the 55 gn head!!! We have enough weight on the components and need to teach how to fly an arrow with ultra-low FOC and able out penetrate those with High FOC with no rapid dropping effect and minimum energy lost as distance increases. That my friend is how one does the Sciecne of Archery the Firenock way. "

" Firenock The MSRP is going to be $42.95 per 3 on either 7075-T5 AL or Stainless bodies. The pack comes with 3 stainless heads, 3 bodies of your choices, 9 falcon blades, 6 shank O-ring (same as all AeroPoint O-rings) as this head complies with the FACT specification, and 6 blade retention O-ring (or twice as much needed). "

11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Great looking head but out of my price range.

Vital Limits likes this.