I have an addiction!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Mar 11, 2019.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Went to the range tonight with my good buddy, then out for dinner & a drink or three. While at the range the fellow behind the counter starts showing off a few handguns for sale, all new. Tells me they have the CZ's on sale. I start to shaking badly since my buddy knows I want an Omega CZ. Well, I bought one! Smuggled her into the house, and got a couple pics! Hehehehe! It's perfect! 9 mm just what i wanted!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rubber grips, night sights, two mags! Just what I was looking to get! Traded in my Walther PPQ for an additional $190. out the door, it's been a good day! :)

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  2. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Nice Dan, congrats.

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice! I never seen one before . I see a holster on both sides with one for each hand:oops: (Queens going shopping ):p

xcaliber likes this.
  4. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Looks great! Congratulations!

xcaliber likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks guys, all steel frame and a bit heavy, but very nice shooting gun.

6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Congrats, it's your lucky day :). Smuggle one in, one out, way to balance out the gun count :p.

jacol84, xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks Bruce, as I get older I get more freaked out about carrying striker fire semi auto's with one in the pipe!:eek: I'm afraid I'll shoot my one good one off if I had to pull it out in a hurry, not sure which one is the good one, I ain't taking odds at 50/50! :confused::p:rolleyes:

Oppie likes this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I hear ya, and if you don't have one in the pipe all you have is a club in your hand.

xcaliber and 8ptbuk like this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Club in your hand or blood running down your leg,tuff choice :rolleyes: neighbor down the road from me is a quick draw man ,didn,t make it all the way out an shot himself in the leg :eek: before that he said I know you shoot 45-70 a lot an told me how good he was with his pair of pearl handle ruger vaquero 45 colts.

Said he trapped rats an could put them in a barrel ,holding a ruger in each hand an kick the barrel over an none would get away:oops: he then said I can shoot better than a man with a rifle ,said he was like wild bill :rolleyes: taking the challenge ,I said I got some money that says I can out shoot you with my old 45-70 lever gun ,as I,m like the rifleman:rolleyes: :p

he just smiles an said ok,but we're not going to shoot at targets setting ,we're going to shoot things in the air:oops: I said bring your money an we will shoot anyway you want:D never seen him come around with his money:p

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Oppie, jacol84, 8ptbuk and 1 other person like this.
  10. kip

kip New Member

gotta watch them wives, they can count guns and iffen one looks different they smell a rat, lol

Oppie, xcaliber and 8ptbuk like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Two old guys shooting at stuff flying through the air, what can go wrong! Sounds like a good time to me.....

jacol84, Munch007 and xcaliber like this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m a pretty fair trap shooter ,vs a bullshit shooter with a handguns .i,m not the best rifle shooter but pretty sure I would get more with my rifle than he does with a handgun shooting at anything ,any distance :p he shoots whistle pigs at 800yds an only has to hold 6 inches over with his flat shooting gun:oops::rolleyes: like a lot , bet he don,t know what a 100yd is:p I would also bet I could beat the piss out of him with a handgun:p lots of people out there full of shit about real honest shooting:oops: I,m only half full:oops::p

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Frank, I’m only a fair shot at best! That’s with any gun.:p I went trap shooting with my brother in law a few times and got my ass handed to me!:eek::D

Oppie likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm not nearly as good a shot as I used to be. Age an lack of practice are not my friends.

xcaliber likes this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Been looking real long & hard at another 1911 lately, the Ruger SR 1911 6722 Commander in 9MM. This would round out my collection very nicely!:rolleyes::cool: I have read so many reviews, and watched countless videos on YouTube on these, and now I have the itch. I have to find a way to give the Queen a small dose of memory loss!:D

Oppie likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I have theRuger SR 1911 in .45 acp, Love it :). The Commander would be a sweet one to add to any collection.

xcaliber likes this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Tell me more Bruce!!

Oppie likes this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Only issue I've had was a very small spot under the one grip started a small rust spot, I sent it back to Ruger and they blasted an treated it and had it back in my hands a week from when I shipped it to them along with a nice Ruger silicon wiping cloth. Other than swapping grips for the Eagle grips I haven't done anything but shoot it.
    Of coarse a 1911 doesn't make a good concealed carry weapon anyway due to the size of em but Dammm, what a weapon!
    My darling bought it for me for a anniversary gift a few yrs back, I spent the better part of six months lobbying and bribe's but it paid off for me.

xcaliber likes this.
  20. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, the CZ is probably not my best choice for carry either, with the steel main frame it's a bit heavy. So far the Walther PPS is the smallest, and lightest for carry, but the 8 shot magazine is one thing to consider. The Beretta is probably going to be my main carry gun. I have read a lot about self defense situations with carry folks, and most people hesitate to use their weapon when needed, or miss their intended target completely. Nobody in their right frame of mind wants to shoot another human being, and a symptom not too far unlike buck fever takes over and causes them to miss. I can totally understand that theory, and consider this when choosing to carry. Pulling out a handgun in a situation is NOT a show, you must be ready to use it! Hope I never have to.