I think I’m ready for 3D today.

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by jacol84, Aug 27, 2019.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

3844BBEA-3B87-41F3-8037-A800C9E5039A.jpeg 43AD787C-77B8-4983-8592-A9B8FBCF8CC5.jpeg

Happy to be to the point where rope sled cocking “Little Franky “ is easy. I have the limb bolts backed off, I’d guess the draw weight is around 115-120#. I’m not sure if there will be one more shoot next week, or if this is the last one. Weather is great, not stinking hot. ;) I just got some Bloodsports in 20” for a little longer 3D arrow. They seem to be okay. Target pic is 40 yards. Top one is sitting and resting elbows on thighs. Bottom is offhand. I have no excuses if I don’t shoot well this afternoon.;) The scope is set at 325. Not serious about arrows right now. Had to put the ugly butt pad on the stock to get eye relief/scope right. I’ll do something better in the winter, but right now it really just works, so I’m leaving it be. As soon as 3D ends, I will crank the limb pockets down to 140#, and find tune the GT Ballistic 425s with Ramcats, and get some tree stands set up. It’s getting more real now.:D

2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s sure a good looking rig, nice shooting !

3. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Yep, looks like yer ready!

jacol84 likes this.
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Thanks guys. Better than last week. Still not up to where I was last year, but I have two more shoots to improve, and work on follow through.;)

Oppie and bbahunter like this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Little better today. Three close to ten 8s, four 12s. Room for improvement, but more consistent.

Jack Pine, Oppie and bbahunter like this.
  6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Wrapped it up yesterday. I bought an older Pinpoint 1-4x scope I wanted to try. Was able to get it mounted without the adjustable sled by shimming the rear ring. Good optics, no doubt better than the Rangemaster. Shot pretty much the same as last week, with one more 12. Still not as well as last summer, but the three tree stand shots were all 12s. I do like the Pinpoint, but not the weight. The RDX is barking at 9# with that scope. I also noticed that I must have nudged the turret a few times walking between targets.:rolleyes: Just think the Rangemaster is a more solid setup, so I’ll hunt with that. Tightened the limbs back to max, ready to sight in the hunting arrows.:) I do really like this crossbow and I’ll hunt with it this year. It does hold really well just sitting and resting my elbow on my leg. Should be good in a stand. Still think the recurves feel more natural to me.:)

Oppie and bbahunter like this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

95A80CA1-5587-45AA-8040-EF196236C78A.jpeg Checked everything today and ready to hunt ( except for all the real hunting stuff- scouting, stands, all of the actually important stuff ;)). Scope speed is accurate according to Burky’s chronograph (355). Ramcats hitting dead on with field points out to 40 yards. Four out of 5 arrows were right there. One of the five I took over was off by a good bit. No idea why, but the 3 in the quiver are proven with multiple shots.:) Looking forward to getting out to set up and eventually hunt.:D

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lookin good! I would say your ready,look out deer:oops:

jacol84 likes this.