Last venison.. First

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by jacol84, Sep 1, 2019.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

F56DAEBE-4265-46DB-841D-37561AD78FFA.jpeg 485AA5DD-F52F-4D64-AF84-57333328FAFF.jpeg
    47680014-9673-45ED-A56F-9EB3FC879AF4.jpeg So, our youngest son, the one that used to be the biggest hunter of the three, came home from NYC for Labor Day weekend. When I offered to grill the last of the venison we had? Well, he still really likes it. We really like the marinade ( wife likes a different one). When we went for the potatoes and corn, he suggested the beer. First time I tried it, but enjoyed it a lot.. Have to take him to the bus station tomorrow to go back. Got to enjoy him while he’s here.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Stalker, Jack Pine and xcaliber like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That looks yummy! gotta love them McCORMIK spices . haven,t see any of my boys yet but my oldest is on his way up from Tennessee.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  3. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Jeff, that looked good. ;) I may have to try that marinade sometime. But i have to get venison in the freezer first. ;)
    Nice you spent some quality time with your son. That beer looks good, i like their harvest patch shandy they come out with for the fall.

Jack Pine, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Not too many offerings from Leinenkugel's that I don't like, I do like that one probably the most though. Looks delicious too! ;)

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Glad you got to spend some time with your son an do up some venison on the grill. Our family is renting a cottage at Sodus Bay next week an grilled venison is on the menu, maybe with a lemon garlic type marinade. The Leinenkugel's brews are mighty tasty although I haven't tried the Oktoberfest yet.

jacol84 likes this.
  6. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Here you go
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Any of you guys try out a air fryer yet? I picked one up last weekend. I did chicken wings first. From frozen to done in about 20 minutes. they were pretty good:D Only bad thing is it will only make about a dozen pieces at a time. Perfect for just me though:D

I made 4 good sized country fried venison cube steaks the next night. Dipped them in flour, then a egg wash, then dip it a flour light corn meal mix again. Cook for 10 minutes. I was impressed! looked like they were deep fried without all the grease. The thing is easy to clean as well. I got the large 6.5 ltr model Chefman brand for $60 at Ollies Bargain outlet store. I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this thing.https://www.ollies.us/home.html

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I keep looking at those, got everyone an Instant Pot for Christmas last year, maybe they're getting one of these this year!;)

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

Yeah thats what I gave for the family white elephant gift last year. My dad ended up with it. He liked it:eek:. At 85 years old there are not many new things he likes so I figured it must be pretty good.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  10. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

We have the air fryer and a pressure cooker crockpot. Can’t say we use either one as much as we should. Our son taught my wife how to make homemade pasta over the weekend, so she’s making ravioli for tonight’s dinner with our oldest son and the grandkids.:D

bbahunter, xcaliber and Stalker like this.