Latest redneck rig

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Jack Pine, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

As long as the cables are cool it's probably not the cable size, you might need a higher output alternator? I know nothing about kubota's but that's a big drop in volts. I didn't think those pressure washers pulled that many watts or amps to do that. I'm pretty sure your on the right track though just need to tune it a touch :).

Jack Pine likes this.
  2. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

That inverter worked just fine when I tested it without water, but adding water really pulls the amps as it pressurizes. I have a 5KW inverter I'm going to try next. This 2KW inverter always did require a lot of cable to make it work right.

Stalker and Oppie like this.
  3. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Tried the 5KW inverter and it won't even run the sprayer when it's dry; I don't think the cables are big enough to feed the monster. Think I'll get some shorter, fatter cables and try again.

Oppie likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

How many watts is your pressure washer rated for?

5. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

If anything can go wrong, it sure will. Perfect still day this morning, so I figured I'd spray the trees again since it's not supposed to rain again until the first of the week. Got all set up, using the generator, mixed the spray in the new bucket, and got going. After a while I noticed solution sloshing out of the loader's bucket, but didn't pay much attention until I ran out of spray and saw a 12 inch crack where most of my spray ran out. Had a newer 5 gallon kerosene can, so I used that instead of the older one because I didn't want to lose my solution again. I'll sure be glad when I get all the bugs worked out.
    Eventually got all the trees sprayed though.
    20190621_085720.jpg

6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yikes! Your luck runs like mine, I was pouring some used oil in a gallon jug for recycling the other day and Poof a small hole in the bottom of the jug leaked oil all over the floor for me :confused:.

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

You guys have all the luck,I remember losing 15 gal in my driveway from my Mack truck with a big oil pan, I was changing oil in :confused:not to mention at my other home years ago a arrow happen to poke a hole in my 55gal barrel of used oil :eek: you guys are lucky compared to my mishaps:p

Jack Pine and Oppie like this.
  8. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Oppie, I kept forgetting to look, but I remembered today. Says 120 volts at 13 amps, so, 1560 watts. I haven't given up on the project yet but it will be a while before I can devote much time to it. Besides, it works just fine with the generator for now.

BTW what are you guys saving your old oil for? I use mine for bar and chain oil, but I'm a tightwad LOL.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I take it to local garage for there oil waste heater to get rid of it. they say it will damage the bar oil pumps in chain saws.

10. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Holy smoke, used it for years without a hitch. Just didn't know any better.

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looks like it works for you:p we always mixed some diesel fuel with our bar oil as it keeps the bar, chain much cleaner . more so in the winter to thin it down as it just seemed to work better.

Jack Pine likes this.
  12. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I'll have to try that.

13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I took mine to Autozone for recycling, I took two gallons used and brought home one gallon new :D.
    I have used it as bar oil but haven't been cutting much wood this last year so I end up more oil than I can use. I still keep a quart for the oiler can cause I have the ole Jubilee tractor an she always needs a drop of oil here & there :):):).

Stalker and Jack Pine like this.
  14. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Another way of doing it.
    20190629_143758.jpg
    Made a couple of improvements. Because of the little 1/2" hose, it can take a little bit of time to get the tree sprayer/pressure washer primed, so I added a valve stem to put a small amount of air pressure in the tank.
    20190629_143902.jpg
    Also added a shutoff valve to make connection/disconnection less messy.
    20190629_143811.jpg
    I like the tractor method better though because I get to sit on my lazy butt while I work LOL

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looks good,no tractor no workie for me:p