Little snow

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Jan 13, 2019.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Well, clearly she sets the bar pretty high. Glad you were able to clear it.;)

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's what she tells me :)

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It's not easy being me :p.
    The one court house was in Montrose, Susquehanna county, there's really nothing there for me to get into :D. I walked a lap around town and was back in less than 15 minutes :).

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

WoooHoooo! Friends are having their annual Ice fishing party today :D, friends, food, fish & live music. And I don't even fish the hard water! Ice is reported to be 10" thick, that'll work.
    Trout stocking is coming right up also, winter is almost done, right???

ice.jpg

Stalker, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I couldn’t imadgine falling thru the ice ,then trying to climb out or getting washed down stream under the ice :eek: I don,t walk on the water froze or not:p

robertyb and Oppie like this.
  6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Ice fishing is big at one local lake that's a decent size, but since it's Reading city's reservoir, no boats of any kind on it. Ice fishing is the only way to access some parts of the lake, so it's popular. I tried it once. One more thing that you either spend a good bit of time and money to do it the right way, or feel like a moron for trying.:rolleyes:

Oppie likes this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Last year I didn't even set foot on the ice :p, I staid on shore with the music an gas grills full of food :), lots of venison made several different ways and flavors, even a few fish on the grills :D.

This one is a 29 acre private lake that is in danger from the DEP people, they'd like to drain it and construct a
    " bigger an better dam" even though the existing one is concrete. The issue is the famous Camptown Ladies
    (doodah, doodah) are only couple miles down stream.

One local pond is scheduled for trout stocking on March 4th, have a feeling they'll have to cut holes in the ice to stock it. Spring is on the way, right??

jacol84 likes this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Early results.

ice1.jpg ice2.jpg

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Some nice perch,crappie ! I could eat a batch of them nice yellow perch ! I guess that shine will make them happy ice fisherman telling whopper fish stories :p

10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

They told me the fish hit good early but it had slowed to almost nothing by the time we got there so most of the adults were on the bank around the bon fire or feeding off the two grills and tables full of food. Some kids were still fishing but it was slow. One of my buddies told me he caught all he wanted to an then gave em all away, something about not going to clean a sled full of perch with a hang over.

Just another excuse for us red necks to get together, two of us have passed on sense last year's party.

11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

A couple of kids pics.

ice3.jpg ice4.jpg

Stalker, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

And of coarse a Rage-muzzy broad head debate broke out, give those rednecks a beverage and they gotta tell ya deer hunting stories ;).

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

What a happy looking bunch :p I was about to ask about pike but I see one of the kids holding one. I,ve never caught one out on the river but have seen them over at the lake .i tryed eating pike in Canada but didn,t care for the taste of the boney things :confused:

I would invite rockstar to come next year ,see if they could handle that an top his experiences ,set back smile,enjoy:p

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

They had three generations of one family on the ice fishing earlier in the day. The kids and dogs had a blast on the ice, I staid off it cause if I fall I'll prob break a hip and be laid up for a while :oops:.
    I don't care for pike - pickerel myself unless it's smoked.

15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We had about 5 inches starting around 9 am an endng shortly after noon ,then turning to sleet,light rain at times. got my drivesway done ,then done my Amish neighbors long farm drive an around the barn so the milk truck can get in . now back in hugging our coal stove ,with a crockpot full of homemade bean,bacon,soup I made this morning that,s been cooking all day . hanging out with the wife also as she stayed home today because of the roads :confused::p

16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm just plain sick of winter already!

Oppie likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Same here. We only got a inch or so of snow then another inch of ice & freezing rain from this last storm. Just a mess, just another PIA storm.
    I didn't even start the 6x6 up, screw it, it'll be gone soon.

xcaliber likes this.