1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My son told me today he,s heading to dodge city Kansas for some archery hunting for whitetail ,mule deer oct 27 for 2 weeks. His buddy,s he,s going with hunted there before an seen some big bucks last year hunting public land where they hunt. I will be getting some pictures from him forsure.his buddy,s hunt with longbows mostly an told him that he should get a nice buck with his compound bow.he,s excited an hopeing :oops::p

2. Patriot

Patriot Member

Post up a few pics when he vents a trophy Masboy!

xcaliber likes this.
  3. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Good for him, i hope he drops a big one. Kansas has some brutes.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yes! Need some pictures :)

xcaliber likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Hope he has a fun, and successful hunt.

Patriot likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Son sent me some videos of some bucks from his stand that looked so far away . he just called me an said he seen more,larger big bucks in his week out there than in his whole life hunting around here.he said they got 2 whitetails,1 mule deer so far but nothing real big. Where there hunting public land he said they only seen 1 car parked hunting all week . there staying till sat an doing some yote hunting also as there all tagged out except 1 of them that,s sick.he,s In love with Kansas now an says he,s not hunting here anymore :p

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

image.png Son just sent this
    image.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Son just sent this
    image.png

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  9. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Awesome! Congrats Masboy Jr. The Masboy hunting family is mighty!:D

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

They were staying till sat ,but there on there way home now as he said the 4 of them are tagged out.must be some good public land hunting from what they say. I would sure like to go there an see a big buck with the possibility of getting a crack one at least once in my life. while hunting I have never seen ,let alone got a shot at what you call a big buck in my life time of hunting. I shoot pretty well But guess me poor hunter:p

11. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Can you use crossbows out there? Do you have to draw tags for non-residents? Maybe a Crossbow Predators 2019 Kansas hunt!

12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My son said yes awhile back as I asked him about crossbows. I don,t think any problem getting tags as all 4 got them. I was thinking the same thing,would be great to get together for a 2019 hunt. my son would put us in the spot I,m sure ,they all just split a cheap motel,be a cheap hunt I think .my son knows all about it so I could ask him if anyone is interested as I would be.my son said I should go out next year. he has his buddy,s an would be cool to go with some predator friends.

13. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Great question !

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I looked it up
    Crossbow legal all archery seasons

must submit money in April an be in drawing if no permit you get a refund or preference for the next year

$97.50 hunting licence non resident
    $443 white tail permit :eek:

15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yeah, sounds like a lot at first glance. Lot cheaper than a guided whitetail hunt though.

16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

You got that right Jeff . I never gave it a lot of thought but would be a trip of a lifetime for me .not so bad after you had your licence an got over that in April :confused::p then just your motel an expenses out would seem like a great deal :p going to talk to my son about it an see what all is involved. I know he said a lot of spot,stalk hunting if you like ,that I could really enjoy that.

17. robertyb

robertyb Member

I think I read the other day that you will need a preference point or two to get picked.